Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot find gpedit.msc

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot find gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have just got windows 10 and I am trying to activate the action centre but it seems I don't have gpedit.msc , I upgraded from 8.1 . Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Aug 10, 2015.

1. donnylad Win User

Windows 10 cannot find gpedit.msc

Hi Guys I have just got windows 10 and I am trying to activate the action centre but it seems I don't have gpedit.msc
    , I upgraded from 8.1 .
    Can someone help me with this please.

:)

donnylad, Aug 10, 2015

2. How to enable gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Home?

Can someone please tell me how to get gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Home? Because when I am running 'gpedit.msc' from Run command I am getting a error that Windows cannot find gpedit.msc.

Waiting for the right answer.

Thx.

mauricenash, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Rob_838 Win User
    "can't open apps with the built in adminstrator account" error message on Windows 10.

When I tried to run the command gpedit.msc I got an error that says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'

Rob_838, Aug 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Do you have Home or Pro version? Group policies are not supported in the Home version.

winver will tell you which version you have.

NavyLCDR, Aug 10, 2015
  5. donnylad Win User
    Hi navylcdr Thanks for the reply,,,,I have got the home edition , so can you tell me please what I can do about it.

donnylad, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    upgrade to pro, gpedit has only been available to pro and enterprise ver since at least win 7

on a goggle search I see some workarounds for 7 and 8 perhaps one of those would work for you? I can't personally say and I have had pro for many years.

Clintlgm, Aug 11, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  8. donnylad Win User

Thanks Navylcdr I when I see that it brings back the charms I don't think I really want it so thanks again and bye for now and thanks to you Clintigm.

donnylad, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    Did you try Windows key+A, that doesn't bring the charms back for me. I have them all turned off using Classic Shell

Clintlgm, Aug 11, 2015
  10. donnylad Win User
    Thanks the windows+A works for me too just fine.

donnylad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot find gpedit.msc - Similar Threads - cannot find gpedit

2. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  3. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  4. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. gpedit windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit windows 10 pro: Administrator templates are missing from gpedit for Windows 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-windows-10-pro/a633cbf4-ef12-40da-b828-36a4c6f3fe53
  6. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  7. gpedit window resizing

gpedit window resizing: If I resize gpedit window, the next time I open gpedit it will be the original size. How can I size it to stay the size I want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-window-resizing/e238ea26-a077-4963-8737-dd028de60e4b
  8. windows cannot find msc

windows cannot find msc: There is a problem. 0x80002034 or maybe the last digit is a 2 ??? I cannot activate System Restore nor backup my System Windows 10 Pro 64 bit The system worked for almost a year and now it has a malfunction. Please advise...
  9. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  10. No gpedit in 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    No gpedit in 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Professional (build 10586)but no gpedit. How do I get it? 60090
Tags: