Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot find my HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot find my HDD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have an SSD and a HDD, and Windows 10 cannot find my hard disk drive. When I go to This PC, it does not show up. Device Manager doesn't show it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tollbooth, Mar 11, 2021.

1. tollbooth Win User

Windows 10 cannot find my HDD

I have an SSD and a HDD, and Windows 10 cannot find my hard disk drive. When I go to This PC, it does not show up. Device Manager doesn't show it, either.

This could explain why Windows is taking about a full minute to boot up.

How do I get Windows to find my HDD again?

System specs:
    Alienware M15
    Windows 10 Home version #1903

:)

tollbooth, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot find my HDD - Similar Threads - cannot find HDD

2. Says my windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says my windows cannot find...: here is a screenshot of the popup that shows up continuously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/says-my-windows-cannot-find/57ff6b1f-8fcc-4888-896b-81b10f846cf5
  3. Says my windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Says my windows cannot find...: here is a screenshot of the popup that shows up continuously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/says-my-windows-cannot-find/57ff6b1f-8fcc-4888-896b-81b10f846cf5
  4. after BSOD pc cannot find my HDD so it cant boot to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after BSOD pc cannot find my HDD so it cant boot to windows: Here again with more info on my issue. My issue was i was getting BSOD while just either browsing the internet with chrome, on discord calls, using file explorer and during the password log in screen. Every BSOD had different stop codes but the most popped ones was CRITICAL...
  5. after BSOD pc cannot find my HDD so it cant boot to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after BSOD pc cannot find my HDD so it cant boot to windows: Here again with more info on my issue. My issue was i was getting BSOD while just either browsing the internet with chrome, on discord calls, using file explorer and during the password log in screen. Every BSOD had different stop codes but the most popped ones was CRITICAL...
  6. after BSOD pc cannot find my HDD so it cant boot to windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Win 10 Installation fails to find HDD. Cannot perform a system recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Installation fails to find HDD. Cannot perform a system recovery: I recently bought a new laptop and decided to upgrade my older laptop Win7 to Win10. I have the complete Win10 USB as I had installed it on the Win7 machine several years ago, but went back to Win 7. Now I decided to re-upgrade the Win7 Pavilion to Win 10. During the install...
  8. Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot find my retail windows 10 license.: During the start of my university year I received from the university a microsoft imagine account from where I obtained a windows 10 license for free. In the summer, when the year ended our university emails got reset so I lost the email with the microsoft imagine link and...
  9. Samsung Hybrid HDD & ExpressCache - cannot find partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Hybrid HDD & ExpressCache - cannot find partition: I recently installed Windows 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos (NP700Z5A-A01DX). The HDD is a Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 which I originally thought was a hybrid HDD with 8gb ssd partition, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, with Windows 7 the computer came back from sleep in...
  10. Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find my hdd in "My Pc": Hey guys, I just installed windows 10 on my ssd, works perfectly. Except I cannot find my hdd in "my pc" as the title says. I can find it in Device Manager, says the drive is working properly. Maybe its just tucked away somewhere, I just cant find it when trying to install...