Windows 10: Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

Discus and support Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ManIsStuck, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

Hi

My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours troubleshooting this and I cannot solve the problem. I am able to log in using safe mode.

Things to note :

Ran Malware bytes (no malware)

Ran sfc/scannow (no issues)

For some reason, I am unable to run the troubleshoot startup repair when I restart to get to safe mode.

Unable to run system restore in safe mode

Chrome was the last program to update (today)

Mircosoft updated 2 days ago (i have a suspicion this is the cause)

Thanks for any help

:)

ManIsStuck, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

1. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in - Similar Threads - cannot past Log

2. Cannot get past the Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the Windows Hello: It just keeps taking me in a loop and will not go past the windows hello pin setup... I try X'ing out and tried SKIP THIS FOR NOW and it returns me to the sign on screen...
  3. Cannot get past the Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past the Windows Hello: It just keeps taking me in a loop and will not go past the windows hello pin setup... I try X'ing out and tried SKIP THIS FOR NOW and it returns me to the sign on screen...
  4. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  5. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  6. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  8. Not getting past log in page

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting past log in page: Hi, My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up to the login screen, when she logs in it goes to a black screen with a white arrow and stays like that. If I do a ctr, alt,...
  9. Windows 10 Reset - still can get past log on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset - still can get past log on...: Hi I tried to use my laptop the other day and windows 10 wouldn’t load. I managed to get in via safe mode and all my stuff is still there. Ive done a reset, which completed. Once i then enter my password it goes to a black screen - i can still move the cursor. I’ve...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Wont get past log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD Wont get past log in screen: Hi - I'm having a real hard time working through this endless loop. When I power up my Acer All In One with Windows 10, the computer boots up to the Welcom Screen. Sometimes it indicates that the network is present, sometimes it does not (even though the computer I am...