Windows 10: Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer

Discus and support Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello community! I have some issue on my UEFI windows boot partition, a short summary of what I was doing: Installed Linux Ubuntu on a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HumaidaAra, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer

hello community!

I have some issue on my UEFI windows boot partition, a short summary of what I was doing: Installed Linux Ubuntu on a separate drivenot the drive I have windows installed on, Ubuntu automatically created it's boot partition on my windows drive. It creates this partition even when I unplugged the windows drive and then plugged in again after installation.

by mistake I deleted my windows UEFI boot partition instead, after using F11- Recovery from startup, now it's back but I cannot hide it in File Explorer

Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer cbaafaa5-7332-4975-9a37-49c5000e960e?upload=true.png

Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer b78bedb0-f118-4501-9fb0-3e063d8a5536?upload=true.png

I don't wanted to be there to avoid deleting\adding files by mistake, how can I fix that?

* sorry for any non-clear explanation for my grammar, I'll be ready for any further explanation. any advice would be appreciated.

:)

HumaidaAra, Jun 18, 2020

2. Partition resized, Windows 8.1 not booting, UEFI

Hi all,

Ok, I have a new lenovo ideapad 305 (system is UEFI boot), I used minitool partition wizard to resize the c: & d: drives (to increase space on the D) but didn't touch anything else, rebooted into windows & it seemed nothing had changed, so I booted up by USB and the partitions were exactly what I had changed them to. Thinking this was really weird, I tried rebooting & have not been able to get into windows since.
    I have tried recovery through the windows 8.1 cd but it does not recognise the partitions at all! So I can't even use diskpart or the like, I have tried several boot recovery tools, some see the partitions & some don't, so I guess I need to make the partitions UEFI-enabled? I'm not fully savvy with UEFI & I've tried every piece of advice I could find, but i'm stuck, any clues?

Thanks for any help!

killer_cain, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Partition resized, Windows 8.1 not booting, UEFI

Thanks for the reply, but I can't even get access the Bcdstore! I've realised the command prompt is useless as it cannot see any partitions.

I've gone through the BIOS, tried disabling secure boot, swapping between UEFI First and Legacy First, but cannot get the windows dvd (I've tried the windows 8.1 dvd (don't have the repair disc)) to see the partitions or even refresh or reset, it gives the error "the drive where windows is installed is locked" or "unable to reset your pc. a required drive partition is missing", but the minitool wizard sees the partitions just fine. I've tried several discs such as hiren's cd just to try to get to a GUI (mini windows) but always get a bluescreen (trying to load the GUI).

I tried the System recovery from the Novo Button Menu, but all I get is "Default boot device missing or boot failed" it then demands installation media which I already know won't help with recovery.
    Would it be right to assume (since at least some tools can see the partitions)
    that it is simply a problem with how the partition table is being identified? If that's the case, is there any software tool that can correct it?
    I'd rather fix the problem than reload the whole thing (but it looks like I'll end up doing just that), any further ideas?

killer_cain, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer

3tb internal storage windows 10

Windows 10/8/8.1/7 and Vista support GPT 3TB single partitions. These operating systems support booting from UEFI and GPT without the need of a non-Microsoft device driver. This is the Windows native solution for booting a 3TB drive to a single partition.

lorraine walsh, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer

1. Windows 10 - cannot hide windows UEFI boot partition form FileExplorer - Similar Threads - cannot hide UEFI

2. Windows 10 boots to UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots to UEFI: I have a new pc, I9 with a 2 TB M.2 SSD on a ASRock Z590 Taichi MB. Out of the box boot up went fine. I used AMMEI Partition Assistant to create some partitions for data. Since then, the pc boots in to the UEFI, not windows. The Boot Option Priorities, Boot Option #1 is...
  3. Windows 10 boots to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boots to UEFI: I have a new pc, I9 with a 2 TB M.2 SSD on a ASRock Z590 Taichi MB. Out of the box boot up went fine. I used AMMEI Partition Assistant to create some partitions for data. Since then, the pc boots in to the UEFI, not windows. The Boot Option Priorities, Boot Option #1 is...
  4. Windows 10 boots to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to hide the BOOT partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide the BOOT partition: I am using Windows 10 Home with the latest updates. I recently noticed that the BOOT partition showed up in the Explorer. I have set my BOOT's flags to boot, esp and hidden. I also tried to remove the driver letter of the partition using the diskpart tool, but it shows up...
  6. Convert Windows 10 Boot Drive Partitions from MBR to UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert Windows 10 Boot Drive Partitions from MBR to UEFI: I would like to convert a boot drive partition that has 2 windows 10's installed on them from MBR to UEFI. Is this possible to do without loosing data and reinstalling windows. 150724
  7. Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI

Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI: I'm having difficulty booting from a USB flash drive. Although the USB drive appears in the boot menu, when clicked the screen goes blank, then sends me back to the boot menu within seconds. I have tried using several different USB creation utilities, including Rufus. This...
  8. Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Trouble, system partitions and UEFI: Hi, So I thought I'd sling a new disk in my system. And then the OS wasn't seeing it so instead of looking in disk manager I just swapped the cables for my D: drive and powered on. The boot config was missing and Win 10 wouldn't boot. Somehow my D: drive had been set as a...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Boot UEFI Missing or Shared Partitions on SSD2?

Windows 10 Dual Boot UEFI Missing or Shared Partitions on SSD2?: Dual Boot W10 + W8.1 installs using 2 SSDs. Any thoughts on why there are less partitions on SSD install #2? SSD 1 W10 (installed first) C Drive: - Recovery - System - Reserved - Primary SSD 2 W8.1 (installed last) - Reserved - Primary Am I right in saying...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup

Windows 10 UEFI install, partition setup: I am trying to create an autounattend file to install Windows 10 as a UEFI install. I am encountering one problem when it comes to creating the partitions in the unattend file. Windows 10 creates 4 partitions, 3 of which (MSR, EFI and OS partitions) I have no trouble with as...