Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 professional on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I purchased an HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-In-One printer this past weekend. I am completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DNA75C, Jun 22, 2020.

1. DNA75C Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

I use Windows 10 professional on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I purchased an HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-In-One printer this past weekend. I am completely unable to install the printer software. I have tried multiple times. I disabled all internet security software Malwarebytes - not Premium, and Norton 360 with Lifelock so that there would not be any firewall issues. I tried to install the Easy Setup software package, I tried to install the Complete software package, both to no avail, both more than once.

Incidentally, the printer is connected to my home network. The desktop indicates that the software is installed, yet when I click on the desktop printer icon I am once again prompted to install the software.

Does anyone know what to do here? Is it possible to get the software installation disk? Any help would be appreciated!

:)

DNA75C, Jun 22, 2020

2. Installing Printer Drivers on Win Serv 2003

hp doesn't have any drivers that support Window Server 2003 for my printer a PSC 1420V. Is there anyway I can install the drivers, or install substitute drivers?

Thermopylae_480, Jun 22, 2020
  3. helloha Win User
    Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

"No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

1. Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!! - Similar Threads - Cannot install printer

2. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed: Can anyone help with a similar problem - I have been using an hp envy 6432e printer with Windows 10 on my PC. Then on June 16th, the printer would not take instructions from the PC to print a doc. Scanning, copying and everything else still works, but not printing. The driver...
  5. driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed: Can anyone help with a similar problem - I have been using an hp envy 6432e printer with Windows 10 on my PC. Then on June 16th, the printer would not take instructions from the PC to print a doc. Scanning, copying and everything else still works, but not printing. The driver...
  6. driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed

7. Installing a HP printer on Windows 10

Installing a HP printer on Windows 10: How can I install a HP 7300 series All In One printer to my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-hp-printer-on-windows-10/0946571b-4ee3-4f9d-a159-205665e0f1f8
  8. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  9. how to install hp network printer driver windows 10

how to install hp network printer driver windows 10: I want to install my hp photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer as a network printer anyone know how? The wireless setup app will not find network printer but I am connected to the printer using it as network printer Any suggestions how to install it as network printer?...
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...