Windows 10: windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

Discus and support windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; on my windows 10 computer can not map a drive on windows server 2012 this compute can ping server this computer was able to map drives before what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cloydlesley, Jan 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

on my windows 10 computer can not map a drive on windows server 2012

this compute can ping server

this computer was able to map drives before what ever changed

:)

cloydlesley, Jan 8, 2019

2. File Server over network

Well, here's how to map a network drive in Windows 7:

First in "My computer" select Map Network Drive. As you can see below I already have one mapped from my server "Ninebreaker".

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server capture1-jpg.jpg

Then, select the drive letter you want to use and click browse, or manually type the address: //[server name or IP]/[path]

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server capture2-jpg.jpg

Lastly, if going through the browse, you should come up with this window, just select the server from the list, then the folder or hard drive that's shared and you're done. The mapped drive should pop up in "My Computer". As you can see, My main rig (Dragons-Crest) and the server (Ninebreaker), the later one listing the folders that are shared.

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server capture3-jpg.jpg

Hope it helps, let me know if you need anything else *Big Grin windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server :D

EDIT: Just saw you use Server 2012... I never actually used it, but it should be very similar, since mapping hard drives on older windows was basically the same as on 7.

*Toast :toast:

TriggerWolf, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

File Server over network

Whats the specs on your server? CPU wise. I was thinking about buying the E8500, 4GB of DDR2 1066 and a micro atx LGA775 board from the for sale section for mine to start out.

MxPhenom 216, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

1. windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server - Similar Threads - cannot map network

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  4. Unable to Map Network Drive on Windows Server 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Map Network Drive on Windows Server 2012: We recently got a new computer with windows 11. We were able to connect to a network drive located on the Windows 2012 server for a few weeks. The roles allow Admins and everyone to connect to it. We have 4 other computers running Windows 7, Windows XP to connect to the...
  5. Unable to Map Network Drive on Windows Server 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Map Network Drive on Windows Server 2012: We recently got a new computer with windows 11. We were able to connect to a network drive located on the Windows 2012 server for a few weeks. The roles allow Admins and everyone to connect to it. We have 4 other computers running Windows 7, Windows XP to connect to the...
  6. Mapping a network drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive windows 10: Hi All, I have tried to map an old network drive to my PC which hasn't been connected since win 10 update, it is a Lenovo/EMC product that is no longer supported and Lenovo EMC storage manager (On my old pc)) doesn't appear to be working. (Says the device if offline). I...
  7. Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer

Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer: Hello: Lately, I am having trouble Mapping one of my Network Drives in Windows Explorer. A long time ago (early Windows 10 and before) I could simply click on "Network" and it would bring up my Drive (among others), I would click on it (right click as I recall) and it would...
  8. Windows 10 map network Drive

Windows 10 map network Drive: I got the solution of WIndows 10 map network drive connect. Please install MediaCreationTool1809 and switch on firewell setting. then restart your system. You’ll got activate your map network drive....
  9. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i map a drive if in a different workgroup under win 10

2. windows 10 cannot map drive 2019

3. cannot map drive to windows 2019 server using local account

4. map drive from server to win10 workgroup,
  5. windows 10 cannot map network drives,
  6. cannot map drive to windows 10,
  7. i cannot map a network drive to my server,
  8. how to map a network drive in windows 10 to a drive on a server,
  9. windows 10 cannot map network drive,
  10. cannot map to windows 10,
  11. cannot map network drive windows 10 in workgroup jan 2019,