Windows 10: Windows 10, cannot open event viewer (crashes) , cannot install VEEAM Agent and Keepass...

Discus and support Windows 10, cannot open event viewer (crashes) , cannot install VEEAM Agent and Keepass... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, as mentioned above the PC I have running Win10 Pro is playing up. What I've tried is: sfc - this fails chkdsk - goes ok Clean Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Staunts, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Staunts Win User

Windows 10, cannot open event viewer (crashes) , cannot install VEEAM Agent and Keepass...

Hi there,

as mentioned above the PC I have running Win10 Pro is playing up.

What I've tried is:

sfc - this fails

chkdsk - goes ok

Clean Boot

tried deleting my user profile and recreating. Same issues.

tried downloading and reinstalling VEEAM Agent and Keepass but they won't open. VEEAM doesn't even run when clicking the install exe, Keepass at least appears to install but will not open

When running Event Viewer - get an error MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.

I'm at a loss.

Had issues a month or so ago and reinstalled Windows and alas problems have returned.

cheers.

:)

Staunts, Mar 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Event Viewer Log

Hi Debi,

As per the information, I would like to inform that the errors registered under Event Viewer may not always mean that your PC is non responsive or dysfunctional. If you have experience any crash, freeze or dysfunctionality, you can refer to the error registered
    in Event Viewer for assistance.

I suggest that you send us the screenshot of the event viewer window so that we can introspect better.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Windows 10, cannot open event viewer (crashes) , cannot install VEEAM Agent and Keepass...

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10, cannot open event viewer (crashes) , cannot install VEEAM Agent and Keepass... - Similar Threads - cannot open event

2. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  3. Virtual Agent cannot type

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Agent cannot type: Been trying to contact a virtual agent to resolve my subscription refund issue but can't type at all in the Virtual Agent windows regardless of which browser I am using or whether trying to connect on my PC or laptop. It has been a very frustrating experience for me coz I am...
  4. MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc - Event Viewer: I wanted to repost this question as I couldn't find an answer on the Microsoft site. When attempting to open Event Viewer the message MMC cannot open the file C:/windows/system32/eventvwr.msc is received....
  5. SQL LocalDB intercepts Installation for Veeam Agent For Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL LocalDB intercepts Installation for Veeam Agent For Windows: Dears, I have a problem with SQL localDB 2012, I tried to Install a Backup application called Veeam Agent For Microsoft Windows. but unfortunately, intercepts by SQL localDB. I hope anyone has a solution. Thank you in Advance....
  6. Cannot open Event Viewer after KB4503327 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Event Viewer after KB4503327 update: As my title says, the computer just updated to KB4503327 and after that I opened Event Viewer and am getting "mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" every time I try to look at custom views Some help would be appreciated...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos: I have had this happen on two machines. I have read nearly hundreds of blog posts and forums with many suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have done the Re-Register of Microsoft Apps (ALL of them) SFC /Scannow Uninstall and reinstall System Restore Change registry...
  8. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  9. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  10. Windows Event Viewer Application Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer Application Crash: Hello I have gotten this same error code that has been making all my games crash and making them unplayable. Please help me Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer crashes windows 10

2. opening custom event viewer crashes

3. event viewer crashes on filtering

4. event viewer crashes mmc windows 10 when filtering