Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a newly purchased laptop, Windows 10 was already pre-installed on it by manufacturer Lenovo. I am experiencing a weird issue which I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zsófia Prokk, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files

Hi,

I have a newly purchased laptop, Windows 10 was already pre-installed on it by manufacturer Lenovo.

I am experiencing a weird issue which I have never seen before. Windows is not able to read any .bin files.

Several application installers which would read the data from .bin files, give back error message immediately, when trying to install it. And the error message says: unable to read "xy file" from "data.bin". The problem does not come from a particular program installer, because as I wrote several does the same. It seems a general Windows issue, but I can't even find any article on the internet about the same.

Please help finding out the root cause. Thank you!

:)

Zsófia Prokk, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files

1. Windows 10 cannot read any .bin files - Similar Threads - cannot read bin

2. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  3. Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change Read-Only attribute in any folders.: I am an admin and only user of my PC Win 10 10.0.19045 Build 19045I tried to remove the Read Only attribute of the Download folder or Program Files folder and none would work. It would always revert back to Read-Only. For that reason, I am unable to install a software.I have...
  4. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly: Hi.A few years ago, I decided to virtualise some of my audio CDs with ImgBurn on an old laptop with Windows 8. Because it had multiple tracks, I could not create an .ISO image, but created a .CUE and .BIN file instead. I no longer have either the laptop or original CD. Today,...
  5. Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly

Windows 11 won't read .CUE and .BIN files, but burns them properly: Hi.A few years ago, I decided to virtualise some of my audio CDs with ImgBurn on an old laptop with Windows 8. Because it had multiple tracks, I could not create an .ISO image, but created a .CUE and .BIN file instead. I no longer have either the laptop or original CD. Today,...
  6. Restoring from recycle bin takes forever; Cannot copy any more files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring from recycle bin takes forever; Cannot copy any more files: First issue:When restoring about 1000 files, the progress takes forever estimated 1 day, about 3 files per secondWhen waiting some time and only restoring a few files, it works fast for some files, but speed drops soon. Issue on multiple harddisks. Same scenario on Windows 7...
  7. Restoring from recycle bin takes forever; Cannot copy any more files

Restoring from recycle bin takes forever; Cannot copy any more files: First issue:When restoring about 1000 files, the progress takes forever estimated 1 day, about 3 files per secondWhen waiting some time and only restoring a few files, it works fast for some files, but speed drops soon. Issue on multiple harddisks. Same scenario on Windows 7...
  8. Restoring from recycle bin takes forever; Cannot copy any more files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Can't read bin files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't read bin files.: Hi, so whenever I try to open a bin file it returns a message saying "An error occurred while unpacking: Unable to read data! Unarc.dll reyrned an error code:-6 ERROR: Can't open file C:\Users\User\XXXXX.bin (example) Please help submitted by /u/Gabin123456 [link]...
  10. .bin Files

.bin Files: Which programme do I use to open .bin and .info files?These two files are on a dash cam website to update the firmware but each one says Windows can`t open this file,find a programme to do this. 125785