Windows 10: [Windows 10] Cannot remove Exchange Account from settings

Discus and support [Windows 10] Cannot remove Exchange Account from settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Community, I have set up a few Exchange Accounts on my personal computer running Windows 10. These accounts were added in the Outlook client as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mackovich, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Mackovich Win User

[Windows 10] Cannot remove Exchange Account from settings

Dear Community,

I have set up a few Exchange Accounts on my personal computer running Windows 10. These accounts were added in the Outlook client as admin accounts as required by my employers.

As I have changed work, I lost access to these accounts. I successfully removed them from Outlook, however, Windows 10 keeps prompting me with the following message "There is an issue with one or more of your accounts...".

Going to Settings > Account > E-mail & Accounts, I can see all Exchange accounts, including those of my previous job.

Clicking on them only offer one option "Manage". When clicking on this button / option, it redirects to the login page on my default browser. But since these accounts were disabled, there is nothing I can.

How can I delete them ? I have looked for solutions, but there is no prompt, no delete button. So I am stuck with this notification saying there is a problem.

Please help ! This is driving me nuts...

:)

Mackovich, Jul 17, 2020
  2. AmitGC Win User

Cannot remove exchange online account from Mail App on Win 10

I cannot synchronise two Office365 accounts using the Mail App (ver 17.6525.42271.0) in Windows 10 so I decided to remove the accounts.

I have tried removing the accounts using the steps below but the mail app responds with the message "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry , but we weren't able to do that. Error code 0x8007002"

Steps

• Open Mail App
    • Click on Settings at the bottom of the app
    • Click on Manage Account
    • Click on Account to be removed and select Change Settings
    • Click on Delete Accounts
    • Click on Delete
    I have also tried the troubleshooter and fix account

Can someone please help remove the account, the alerts are driving me insane.

AmitGC, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. [Windows 10] Cannot remove Exchange Account from settings - Similar Threads - Cannot remove Exchange

2. Account is set to child account and I cannot remove it from the family group in order to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account is set to child account and I cannot remove it from the family group in order to...: My account is set to a child's account, and when I try to leave the family group, it says it requires and adult organizer account to remove me from the family group, so when I log into the organizer account and click to remove this account from the family, it says it requires...
  3. Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings: Good morning. I ask how to avoid the Microsoft account window in the settings. When I install with the connected network, in the settings window I get the Microsoft account request and I don't know how to remove it. When I install without the connected network it does not...
  4. Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10: Hi! I have quit from my last workplace and I cannot remove the account 2nd one, "Work or school account" which resides there. There is no option anywhere to remove it. [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10: So under Settings > Email & Account i've got an old Microsoft account i want to remove from my PC. However, when I click it i just get the "manage" option and that takes me to a website with no option to remove. The account I want to remove is an Office 365 account. my...
  6. Remove account from Email & Accounts setting

Remove account from Email & Accounts setting: When I am under Settings > Accounts > Email $ Accounts, there is an account under 'Accounts used by other apps' that does not give me the option to remove. I am using the administrator account on this PC. My only option when clicking the account that I want to remove is...
  7. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing . Yesterday I provided my Microsoft account for Windows Store and whenever I restart my PC , I have to provide my Microsoft account password. Earlier...
  8. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...
  9. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989
  10. Exchange settings from phone to computer

in Browsers and Email
    Exchange settings from phone to computer: My wife works at an elementary school and the IT guy set up her phone (a Lumia 640) with an Exchange email account so she could check her school email. She has full outlook on her PC, how can I take the settings from her phone and set up an exchange account under outlook? I...