Windows 10: Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the January 14, 2020-KB4532938 update, I am no longer able to run any shortcut, any item in the start menu, or any item that I find through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by An Inconspicuous Case of, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator

Since the January 14, 2020-KB4532938 update, I am no longer able to run any shortcut, any item in the start menu, or any item that I find through searching as an administrator. I can run them if I go directly to the file's location or set it up to always run as administrator. I have attempted many solutions to no avail, including:

• Disabling all non-Microsoft services and all startup items
    • Booting into Safe Mode
    • running sfc /scannow
    • runnind DISM
    • Creating a new Administrator account
    None of these attempts at a solution have worked

:)

An Inconspicuous Case of, Jan 23, 2020

2. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator :)

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator

1. Windows 10 Cannot Run Shortcuts as Administrator - Similar Threads - Cannot Run Shortcuts

2. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.: I recently did an in-place upgrade to my Windows 10 because I was having an issue with windows image being corrupted. The in-place upgrade finished without any errors and resolved the issues I was having, however I encountered a new issue where I can't run any shortcuts as...
  3. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.: I recently did an in-place upgrade to my Windows 10 because I was having an issue with windows image being corrupted. The in-place upgrade finished without any errors and resolved the issues I was having, however I encountered a new issue where I can't run any shortcuts as...
  4. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  6. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  7. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

8. Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator: How do you make a shortcut (on my desktop) always Run as a Administrator ? Thanks for any help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/make-a-shortcut-always-run-as-a-administrator/c09bf487-952b-4a51-80ed-732ac96ea3b2
  9. Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot run as Administrator on Windows 10: Having scoured all articles on reinstating myself an an administrator on my laptop (I WAS the administrator before I made myself a Standard User), I have reached a dead-end. Would Enabling the Built-in "Administrator' allow me to create a new account in my name as a new...
  10. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?: Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup. Is that to...