Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot search programs anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot search programs anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It used to be that i was able to hit the windows key and start typing in things but i cant do it anymore.. i have to find it through the 'all apps' and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VenKazi, May 7, 2016.

1. VenKazi Win User

Windows 10 cannot search programs anymore

It used to be that i was able to hit the windows key and start typing in things but i cant do it anymore.. i have to find it through the 'all apps' and the program im trying to find isn't in there but i know i could find it from searching for it.. help is welcome

:)

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  2. Sbas_84 Win User

I cant get Windows 10 to search for programs anymore and calendar stop working

Old title: I cant get Windows 10 to search for programs anymore.

I cannot search for excel and other programs. I cant seem to get the calendar working. It is much worse than windows 8. I am so sick of windows 10. Cortana doesn't work it is just not working properly at all.

Sbas_84, May 7, 2016
  3. Windows Media Player tells me I need a burner on my computer to burn CDs.

I went through each step one by one. Not any of it helped. You cannot uninstall Windows Media 12 and start over, so what else is there to do. I provide a service for our church and now I cannot do the service anymore without this program. Is there
    another program that will work with Windows 10 that will allow me make CDs?

GailBrown51, May 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

1. The Cortana box is your search box. Why not just simply use it ?

2. If you right click at Start button, Search is on the list.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  5. VenKazi Win User
    not sure by what you mean with cortana, and if i right click the start button 'search' isnt on the list. or maybe im missing something?

Edit: i found it, thank but im still confused about cortana

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  6. VenKazi Win User
    clicking on cortana or search results in nothing.

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Windows 10 cannot search programs anymore [​IMG]

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  8. VenKazi Win User

yeah, i hate to disappoint but i do not have that

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Post a screenshot of the same area.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  10. VenKazi Win User

Bandicam cuts it short, sorry.
    Edit: if it helps in windows services program, the windows search is running and set to automatic (before i beleive it was set to automatic with delay something like that)

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    I won't ask you why, but you don't see what I showed you because.....................

1. You have the taskbar switched to the side vertically.

2. You, or someone, have hidden the Cortana search box.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    You don't have to do it. But, if you wonder what did I mean by " have hidden the Cortana box "...............

Right click at an open spot of your taskbar > click Cortana > click Show search box.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

RE : right click at Start button > Search option is on the list

davidhk, May 7, 2016
  14. VenKazi Win User
    i did activate cortana then im not sure what happend but i either did or attempted to get rid of her, also that search says for windows and web, and when i click on it nothing happens either
    Edit: as i said before that search does not work and right clicking an open spot does not show an option for cortana

VenKazi, May 7, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    For now, use the 2nd method. Right click at Start button > click Search.

I'll try to find the tutorial for enabling Cortana Search.

davidhk, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot search programs anymore - Similar Threads - cannot search programs

2. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Cortana
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  3. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  4. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore: Hi!I used to open my windows search bar and it gives me my recently searched apps by default, but now I have to click on the "Apps" tab to see that.Figure 1. How I my search bar was when I click it/activate Search via shortcutA few days ago, I noticed it wasn't like this...
  6. start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update: i use my start menu to find and open all of my programs, i just typed the name and hit enter. much faster than finding it on the desktop or in the start menu side bar. i just updated my pc to 2004 today and now no programs come up in search when i start typing from the start...
  7. Cannot backup anymore in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot backup anymore in windows 10: I have the latest update from w10 and now i cannot create a total backup anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-backup-anymore-in-windows-10/a0d8eaaf-5903-4fd4-9b2a-129f9df516b8
  8. Can't search in Windows anymore or uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search in Windows anymore or uninstall programs: So some context. This started about 3 days ago to be exact before I updated my windows to the latest version today. 3 days ago I noticed I could not right click to copy or paste as the options were no longer in the selection. That was fine since I had control c and v. Fast...
  9. cannot search anymore my pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot search anymore my pdf files: Hello since today my windows 10 is not able to search pdfs correctly. given a folder containing >1000 pdf files, I want to list all the files containing a given keyword within the document. I was able to do that until yesterday using windows explorer and typing the keyword...
  10. cannot click on searched for programs

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot click on searched for programs: Hi, Whenever I search for a program in Start Menu, I cannot click on it. And I cannot right-click on it either. It's stuck like that. Everything else works correctly. For some reason not all programs act like that. For instance, when searching for it, I cannot click on...