Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN. 2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jan 1, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

Hi there

After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN.

2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a LAN.

Linux easily sees ALL computers and can access shared folders.
    W7 and XP machines see All machines - Wndows and Linux. XP needs 128 bit encryption altered - no problem here though.

I've got both IVP4 and Ivp6 enabled.

W10 machines ONLY see their OWN individual machine -- nothing else -- not a sauasage.

The W10 machines can access PLEX and Logitech media servers running on Linux / Windows machines but the computers are missing.

Seriously MS Windows networking seems hosed up BIG TIME.

Note all these computers are on WIRELESS connections -- my Wireless speed is pretty good so not a problem for what I need.

C'mon ms - why is Windows Networking always a bit of hit and miss -- I've been using SAMBA on Linux for years and have never found any problem with Networking.

W7 is pretty good too (usually although I've had the odd rogue machine where networking seems to fail even though hardware and software is identical to another machine on network. W10 though while good in other things brings a whole slew of difficulty to networking. I shudder to think of what happens when I install a decent NAS this year.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2016

2. LAN resource access problems

Windows 10 32bit upgrade from 8.1 Pro 32bit Intel i7 3.04gHz 3GB RAM: My LAN includes 2 servers that are running OS/2 Warp. (Both OS/2 machines are enumerated in the HOSTS and LMHosts files, along with all other machines on the LAN.) Although the Windows
    10 machine can see the presence of the machines on the LAN, it cannot see nor access any of the shared resources (file folders.) Windows 7 Pro as well as Windows 8.1 Pro had no problems at all accessing the shared resources. NetBIOS over TCP *is* turned
    on. Needless to say NetBEUI cannot run under Windows 10 (or any other version of Windows past XP and is fully deprecated to begin with. Not quite sure where else to look in the network settings. Even allowing the lower security 40 or 56 bit makes no difference.
    (Presently disallowed for obvious reasons.)

MarcWLewis, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Unable to talk to a network printer

We have a LAN at home that has four computers and two printers attached. The hub is an Apple Airport. I recently bought an HP Envy Windows 10 laptop. It cannot print to our HP Deskjet 6980. It thinks the printer has an error. However, the two Macs on
    the LAN see it and print just fine. I downloaded the driver on the new machine to no avail. I have not been able to find the panel that shows the documents in queue and lets one manage them. Any thoughts?

Joe Frank 2834, Jan 1, 2016
  4. linw Win User

What can I say? My NAS is out for warranty replacement so all my win 10 shares are OK with the SMB1 forced.

But, when the NAS comes back online........................

Silence is supposed to be golden but with MS and networking, it sure is not.

linw, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Madness10 Win User
    This is how I fixed my problem with 2 win10 computers and 1 win7 computer not seeing each other.
    Only do this step with the win10 computers
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Try the following. On every computer in the workgroup go to:

Settings->Network & Internet->Ethernet->Change Advanced Sharing Options
    and check
    Use User Accounts and passwords to connect to other computers

Madness10, Jan 1, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Tried your suggestions - No difference

Here's example -- one Linux and 2 W10 machines currently up and running on my LAN - both W10 pro X-64

Linux sees W10 machines - Linux machine is Gylfi running Centos 7 -- the other two are W10.

Access to either W10 machine and the Windows shares on either windows machine from Centos (Linux) no problem.

W10 Machines don't even show a SINGLE computer -- all sharing and networking discovery enabled --even with Firewall off for testing.

The W10 machines though show devices such s chromecast or servers - squeezebox (Logitech media server) and Plex.

Grhhhhhh!!!

Anyway something to do on a rainy / snowy cold Sunday. !!!

Here's the screenshots -- computer Gylfi is the Linux one the other two are Windows 10.

Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN [​IMG]

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN - Similar Threads - cannot machines home

2. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  3. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  4. two machines cannot be seen on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two machines cannot be seen on LAN: Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated. 175410
  5. one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't

one lan machine can see a new win 10 workstation, another can't: A network has, inter alia, an old win 10 workstation and a win 7 workstation. They are set up to share files and folders via ethernet (one intermediates backups, the other serves media files, wifi would be too slow for either). A third workstation running win7 died. It's...
  6. Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users

Two pcs on lan. Cannot see all users: We have 2 PCs on home LAN. Each pc can see the other pc, network discovery enabled on each. However, cannot access any files from users on one pc to the users on second pc. In fact, cannot see other computer usernames. Only can see usernames of host pc & not second pc. Would...
  7. cannot see non_windows machines

cannot see non_windows machines: I cannot see my NAS running FreeBSD. I have a SAMBA share configured. I read the article from Tech support saying I have to use a password account, not a PIN account. Yes they are on the same net and subnet. I can ping all devices with no problems but the NAS does not...
  8. Home Network - Cannot See Drives

Home Network - Cannot See Drives: I have 2 MyCloud Mirror devices attached to my home network. When I open "Network" - I see 2 x Media Devices and 2 x Storage Devices but no drives. Previously I had seen all drives - I can still see some drives on "Quick Access"", but are missing drives such as...
  9. Cannot locate any LAN printer

Cannot locate any LAN printer: I've installed W10, a couple of days back, and things don't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I have a couple of issues and lets start with using printers via the local network. I have a Windows 10 computer, let's call it PC1, and there's a Windows 7 computer next to mine,...
  10. 2 win 10 pro laptops cannot see win 10 home desktop on wireless LAN

2 win 10 pro laptops cannot see win 10 home desktop on wireless LAN: Have set up wireless LAN at home with 1 xp laptop, 2 win 10 Pro laptops and 1 win 10 home desktop. xp laptop not visible to win 10 computers, win 10 home not visible to 2 laptop Pros. None of the win 10's are allowed to set up homegroup. Desktop is file server for LAN. Would...