Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I connected a Toshiba ext USB drive to the back of my Huawei AG635 router, the router software could see the drive but Windows 10 did not. had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by surfing69, Sep 9, 2020.

1. surfing69 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

when I connected a Toshiba ext USB drive to the back of my Huawei AG635 router, the router software could see the drive but Windows 10 did not.

had enabled SAMBA and media sharing but every time i tried to add a new network location using the same IP address as the router with or without '\share', the error message stated something about SMB1 compatibility.

I found that I had to re-enable SMB1 in add/remove windows features before windows 10 could see and enable sharing of the drive. However I also learnt that SMB1 is a high security risk and i need to enable SMB2 or higher on the device i was confused whether it was the Router that required an upgrade to SMb2 or the ext HDD?

can anyone help?

:)

surfing69, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3.
    "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my laptop nor my media mini pc
    I found it in Disk Management. It is shown as Disk 2. It has a black streak all the way (full?) It has excess of I,8 TB used and indicates that it is unitialized.

I have attached a snipper capture of the disk management page.

How do I get the ext HDD to function without losing all my media? I am not technically savvy, but can follow step by step advice.

Thanks

Goodgenie4u, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD

I use a 7 year old HP Pavillion desk top and so far it has worked well. I have USB connected 2 ext HDD. One is basic storage and the other is my ext backup HDD. If I try to open a file in either of them, my computer stops recognizing both the ext HDDs causing
    a major problem creating backups. The only way to bring back recognition of the drives is to reboot. I plugged the two HDDs into another computer and they were fine there. How do I fix this?

cameraman32, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

1. Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router - Similar Threads - cannot ext USB

2. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  3. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router: Windows 10, Ver 20H2 I have a HDD used for backup purposes connected to my Asus RT-N66U router. There are a few files/folders which I want to delete but I "...need permission to perform this action." Apparently, I "...require permission from RT-N66U-5088\admin to make...
  6. USB drive in router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive in router: I notice this topic has come up before but my symptoms are a bit different. I have a USB stick in the port on my router. This is recognised and mapped on a desktop and two laptops. On one laptop, the drive is sometimes unavailable. Maybe for a couple of days. And then...
  7. USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.: It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below. 1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E...
  8. win 10 cannot see dlink router

win 10 cannot see dlink router: I am trying to add a wireless dlink DIR-842 duel band router to my windows 10 system. It is not picked up in device manager and i have tried re- setting. All my other devices pick it up and set up was easy on my UBUNTU laptop,and huawi tablet and phone. I need this addapter...
  9. Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable

Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable: Running Win10 Pro v1803. Update KB4340917 installed yesterday on 7/25/18. Now the Safely Remove Devices icon is nowhere to be found but I manually ran it with a run cmd. The app sees the external device but trying to remove it gives an error claiming the device is not...
  10. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD: Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3. "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my laptop nor my media mini pc I found it in Disk Management. It is shown as Disk 2. It has a black streak all the way (full?) It...