Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home network with Windows computers, some running Win 10 Home, some Win 7 Home, one XP, and a Linux running Samba. Everyone can see and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YankoSheiretov, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

I have a home network with Windows computers, some running Win 10 Home, some Win 7 Home, one XP, and a Linux running Samba.

Everyone can see and change everyone else's files - EXCEPT Win 10 cannot see Win 7.

To preempt going down dead-end roads, please note:

• Everyone can ping others by name; i.e., name resolution works fine
    • Everyone, including XP, Win 7, and Linux, can see and change Win 10's files,
    • All XP, Win 7, and Linux machines can see and change Win 7's files.
    • All computers show up in everyone's Network by name.
    • Smb1.0 is installed and enabled everywhere.
    • All Windows machines have the network as "Private", allow file sharing, allow no password, allow short encryption, have all services running, allow NetBIOS over TCP/IP, etc.
    • Firewalls and antivirus have been temporarily disabled.

The ONLY problem is when a Win 10 machine tries to access a Win 7 machine (e.g. \\machine\share): it gets network error

It doesn't even ask for username and password credentials. Just says path unavailable or some such, talk to your administrator.

You have no idea how thankful I would be to someone who can help me fix this problem.

Many thanks!

Yanko

:)

YankoSheiretov, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

Windows 7 Restarts on Loading

Try running a chkdsk with the windows 7 repairs. Should fix the loop. Unless like Mussels said, AMD to Intel or vice versa.

Mike0409, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is...

1. Windows 10 cannot see files on Windows 7 but not vice versa. Please see details; this is... - Similar Threads - cannot files vice

2. Please see details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please see details: I have a fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO Tablet. I attempted to hard reset it but during the Windows installation something went wrong so now I'm stuck in a constant loop of an error messege telling me to click OK to restart which all that does is restart the tablet then give me the...
  3. Please see details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please see details: I have a fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO Tablet. I attempted to hard reset it but during the Windows installation something went wrong so now I'm stuck in a constant loop of an error messege telling me to click OK to restart which all that does is restart the tablet then give me the...
  4. Please see details

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Win10 computer can see other on network, but not vice versa: I'm sure it's a common problem, but I can't find the solution. One of my Windows 10 computers Number 1 can see another on my home network Number 2, but Number 2 cannot see Number 1."Private" network.Bitdefender but problem remains even if firewall is off.Network discovery in...
  6. When using File Explorer, cannot see all jpg metadata created by a Mac and vice versa

When using File Explorer, cannot see all jpg metadata created by a Mac and vice versa: Not sure if this is the correct location to ask these questions but here goes. When using Windows File Explorer I cannot see a jpg "comment" if the jpg was first stored on a mac and vice versa. That is, when using a Mac the jpg "comments" created on a Windows computer do...
  7. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa): Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place...
  8. New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa

New Windows 10 laptop can see my old Windows 10 PC, but not vice versa: Hi all, thanks for your help on this. I just got a new Windows 10 laptop. It can see all of my other computers - a Win10 notebook, two Win7 laptops, and a Win10 PC. Using the new Win10 laptop, I can open folders on the PC and fiddle with files therein. I just tested on...
  9. Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa: I would like to know if I can install and run Japanese applications on an English-based version of Windows 10. This was not possible on any version up to and including Windows 8. The best one would hope for was to change the default language of menus, etc. For example, in...
  10. See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file: How to: See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file How to See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file A DVD, and can be used to install Windows 10 with. This tutorial will show you how to see full details such as language, edition, build, version, architecture,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 can access windows 10 machine but not vice versa