Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem as stated. I'm able to browse shared files from other computer using "\\<ip-address>" directly in File Explorer. But the only "Computer" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrostA_, Feb 19, 2021.

1. FrostA_ Win User

Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly

Problem as stated. I'm able to browse shared files from other computer using "\\<ip-address>" directly in File Explorer. But the only "Computer" in "Network" tab is the localhost.

Any help?

:)

FrostA_, Feb 19, 2021
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    How to connect IP cam with Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

An IP camera is a web cam that is used for security surveillance and the data can be directly access over a network connection. As you can access these over the network connection, you will need a device password to access them as they are secured. The device
    password is provided by the manufacturer of the webcam. So I would suggest you to get the password from the manufacturer and then set up the IP cam. Once you're able to setup the IP cam, you will be able to access it on Windows 10 or even on a smart phone.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Feb 20, 2021
  4. asus2016 Win User

Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cannot see other computers in "Network", but able to access using IP directly - Similar Threads - cannot computers Network

2. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  3. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  4. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  6. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  7. Cannot see any other network computers

8. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  9. Cannot see other computers on your network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot see other computers on your network in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you are connected to a network, then to view other computers in your Network in Windows 10, you should enable the Network discovery feature. […] This article Cannot see other computers on your network in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name

Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name: Network can see all but one computers on my home network. The only computer it cannot see is named Blackgem. It used to show up on Network but for some reason it no longer does. However, if I type \\Blackgem on the box at top, then I am able to access that computer. Any...