Windows 10: Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account

Discus and support Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Mum has a Windows 10 v1902 laptop that she has used a local account on. Unfortunately, my son signed into the XBox Companion app on her machine... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardFKeel, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account

My Mum has a Windows 10 v1902 laptop that she has used a local account on.

Unfortunately, my son signed into the XBox Companion app on her machine with his Microsoft account and now I have a 60+ year old being asked to have her parent unlock her machine if she wants to go online after 19:00

We have logged into "Manage my account" as my son and removed my Mum's device, and have also signed out the XBox Companion App, but the machine still has his email address, profile pic and crucially screentime restrictions on it

In "Email and accounts" in settings, there is no option to Remove my son's account, only to Manage it. There is also no "Stop signing into all microsoft apps automatically" option either - both of these have been suggested in other Q&As here.

Can anyone help? If required, I'm quite happy to make registry amendments to resolve this I'm an IT professional, but sadly, my experience of managing machines and users in AD is alsmost completely useless in a Home PC setting

Thanks

:)

RichardFKeel, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account :(

Zakin, Oct 11, 2020
  3. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 11, 2020
  4. IoDavide Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account

Unlinking local account by MSA account

In Windows 10 to have same utilities (as Cortana) you have to link Hotmail account and local PC account, your local PC account is deleted and you unlock your PC with the Hotmail account (MSA for friends)

This operation give your PC password to Microsoft.

I don't agree this and I'd like collect yours opinions to organize a formal request to Microsoft to UNLINK the local PC account by Hotmail account

I cannot see, and cannot wonder, technical problems to cortana to work with your hotmail account AFTER you unlock your PC with your local (and personal) PC account.

So much we should have to talk about the needs of cortana to create an online database instead to a LOCAL one, a personal and local database that only you can access, but at the moment this is a secondary question.

Waiting for comments and suggestions

IoDavide, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account

1. Windows 10 - Cannot unlink Mirosoft account from Local Account - Similar Threads - Cannot unlink Mirosoft

2. Mirosoft account troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  3. Mirosoft account troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mirosoft account troubles: Hello!I changed my email on my microsoft account, and now a couple of unwanted changes happened.-My web browser firefox has changed from using google to bing despite the efforts to change it- Minecraft for Windows 10, allows me to sign in but I cannot play online, access the...
  4. unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account: I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to delete any user account I do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator account Now, let me explain the problem. From my Google searches,...
  5. Windows 10 How to unlink [redacted] account from Local User?

Windows 10 How to unlink [redacted] account from Local User?: So... Has anyone solved the problem in this thread? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wrong-microsoft-account-linked-to-local/cdad8bac-4e0e-4580-a07d-3459431d9951?page=4 I have the exact same problem but with a random person instead of family...
  6. How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?: I have a work pc with windows 10. There is no domain but my local account is associated with my work O365 profile. A LOT of stuff is installed and configured under my current account which is an administrator. So I cant delete my account or reinstall windows. I needed to...
  7. Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account

Cannot unlink my Microsoft account from local Admin account: Hello, I am unable to unlink my personal Microsoft account from the local account on the computer I am using, for some reason the option that would usually be there is just non existent as shown on the picture below. I'm using the latest windows 1909 build as well if anyone...
  8. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  9. Mirosoft account

Mirosoft account: When I login it says that can't be logged into my Microsoft account and I have a temporary Microsoft profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirosoft-account/6b908f04-edc9-440f-ad81-a50ae6291541"
  10. Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???

Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???: This is crazy. I linked my local Administrator account (which has been active since Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 10) to my Microsoft account. I only did this because Microsoft said it would be easier when changing hardware (montherboard died) to re-establish my...