Windows 10: Windows 10 cannot update language/region

Discus and support Windows 10 cannot update language/region in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently brought a HP computer from China and is unable to change the language that it uses. I wanted to switch from chinese to english, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Overseer_16, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 cannot update language/region

I have recently brought a HP computer from China and is unable to change the language that it uses. I wanted to switch from chinese to english, but cannot make it work. I do not have a second computer and neither do i have the product key, so is there any other solution that I can use before pleading for a colleage to borrow me their windows 10? Thanks in advance

My OS build is 18363.1379

submitted by /u/Overseer_16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Overseer_16, Feb 16, 2021

2. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 16, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 cannot update language/region

Windows 10 System Language

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Click on Start>>Settings>>Time & Language>>Region & Language.
    • In the right pane, set the region and language and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 cannot update language/region

1. Windows 10 cannot update language/region - Similar Threads - cannot update language

2. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  3. Edge language/region

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge language/region: So I've changed from Chrome to Edge recently. It's all nice and have no problem with transition but there's one thing that annoys the $hit out of me. Why doesn't Edge stick to the language/region settings of my system? It keeps changing to 'local' language and region...
  4. Region and Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  5. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  6. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  7. Missing content in region and language windows 10

Missing content in region and language windows 10: Missing content in region and language windows 10. Steps done: - Uninstall Eset Nod 32 - In place upgrade: help solve the problem for 2 hours - clean boot : when I disable all services except MS services problem solved, but after that I try to locate which service...
  8. region and language windows 10 blank

region and language windows 10 blank: region and language windows 10 is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/region-and-language-windows-10-blank/3e76e5e6-490c-4a15-b5c7-91f57ee3f4e5
  9. Region & language blank

Region & language blank: Today I found something wrong with my new system, the region & language setting page totally blank. I tried a lots of settings even login to safe mode, but still same. That makes me no chance to setup language and can't download any other languages. I don't know what to do...
  10. Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting

in Windows 10 Support
    Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting: For some reason, everytime I try to download the handwriting for English (US) it fails with an error. I am on Windows 10 32bit Creators Update. Can this be solved? 93919