Windows 10: Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello and thank you for reading about our little issue. We have two computers that send job data to a router (not a network router, a router that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinKoss, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices

Hello and thank you for reading about our little issue.

We have two computers that send job data to a router (not a network router, a router that cuts things). The routers themselves are dumb hard drives that we send data to and the machine reads the data; no permissions to deal with.

One of the computers is Windows 7 and the other is Windows 10. The Windows 7 computer can access the drives through the device name but the Windows 10 computer cannot. We get the typical "Windows cannot access \\192.168.2.103" (for example) or, if we try to access directly, we get the same error but with the device name and path that we tried.

If we scan the network from the computer that won't access the device, the scam shows the router we're trying to access so we see the IP number and the device name but using Windows file explorer, we can't access it.

Any suggestions for things to try would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Martin

:)

MartinKoss, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  3. astrakan Win User
    windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices

1. Windows 10 Can't Access Network Devices - Similar Threads - Can't Access Network

2. Can't access listed devices under File Explorer\Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access listed devices under File Explorer\Network: when I click on the network device I get an error message: Windows cannot access fill in the name of the device. There is no logon challenge or any other normal response. Problem persists whether Ethernet connection alone, or WiFi connection alone. All devices can be...
  3. Windows 10 education can't access network computer

Windows 10 education can't access network computer: When I enter network credentials for username password, it says incorrect username/password but the credentials are working on other computer....
  4. Windows 10 network can't access other computers

Windows 10 network can't access other computers: I have setup file sharing on my computer and 2 laptops. MY laptops can access the shared files from all devices but my computer cannot access files from my laptop. When attempting to connect from my computer I receive the error Windows cannot accesss \\Laptop... . I set up...
  5. Can't access network drive

Can't access network drive: I did a clean install of 1809 on my secondary system a couple of days ago to get rid of an untraceable problem that caused WD to shut down. The WD problem was solved, but I am now unable to access a drive (E:) from other PCs. Another drive (F:) is immediately accessible on...
  6. How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to deny access to a device on "Network" on windows 10: Hi, I'm an admin in my organization and I connected our wrong NAS drive (device) to an employee's laptop that they shouldn't have access to. The fact that the device is visible is not a problem. The trouble is that when you click the device it asks an access code, which...
  7. unable to access network device

unable to access network device: when trying to access another computer on home network i recieve network error "windows cannot access \\ desktop" that need permission from network administrator (I thought I am the administrator)...
  8. cant access network devices, Enter Network Credentials error - windows 10

cant access network devices, Enter Network Credentials error - windows 10: I hope this is bugging someone smarter than me I can see and access other devices through the network, other devices can see me, but cant access my files, they get "Enter Windows Credentials" which cant be passed what ive dont so far: - network & sharing center: network...
  9. Can't see/access network computers/devices after Renewing Windows 10

Can't see/access network computers/devices after Renewing Windows 10: I got virused and had to resort to a Renewal of Windows 10 on my laptop via the built-in app which reinstalls Windows. Ever since, I have been unable to access either computers or my Synology storage device on my home network. I have no problem accessing the Synology via a...
  10. can't access network device normally? weird access ...

can't access network device normally? weird access ...: Hello : I can't access network device normally ? It is a internet power switch . For example if I type in 192.168.1.5/20000 , I can access the device . But with 192.168.1.5:20000 gives no access . Ideas , If I could get the latter to work , I would be golden .. thanks . 26051