Windows 10: Windows 10 can't add family member

Discus and support Windows 10 can't add family member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is rediculous! I have updated my computer for the last week and it still tells me cant add family member I see multiple post on this .. But... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by spk1977, Dec 16, 2018.

1. spk1977 Win User

Windows 10 can't add family member

This is rediculous! I have updated my computer for the last week and it still tells me cant add family member

I see multiple post on this .. But never a real solution.

Can anyone help. Why can't we add user accounts like windows 7 professional?

:)

spk1977, Dec 16, 2018

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 can't add family member

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't add family member

1. Windows 10 can't add family member - Similar Threads - can't add family

2. Where to add family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to add family members: Where can I add my family members* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-add-family-members/3ce87c59-0e20-4d03-87e2-ae8c85c11291
  3. unable to add family member

unable to add family member: unable to add family member with this email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  4. I can't add family member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  5. I can't add family member

I can't add family member: I have had an issue adding a family member. When I attempted to add, it goes to be a local user instead, and I got an error message "Try again later" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member/82ef2eed-73fb-438a-8c23-a21975de0b25
  6. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  7. Can't add family members to MS Family Safety

Can't add family members to MS Family Safety: Every time I try to add a family member I get this error: "Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: 6EPn0vwEkkiRIQF0.7.78" When I try to add family members through the app, it says something about "detecting unusual activity".A couple...
  8. Can't add a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add a family member: When I click 'Add a family member' it just says 'Something went wrong, try again or select cancel to set up your device later.' I've updated the OS & restarted several times and it just keeps doing the same thing. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help....
  9. Can't add a family member.

Can't add a family member.: Hello, I am trying to add a member to my family, but I got a message saying "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later". Can anyone fix this please....
  10. add photo to family member

add photo to family member: I want to put a photo of my new family member but how do I do that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-photo-to-family-member/aecbbef6-a477-4b00-8ade-9b43af9e4afc"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant add family member to windows 10 computer