Windows 10: Windows 10 can't be accessed after BIOS update - 0xc000000f

Discus and support Windows 10 can't be accessed after BIOS update - 0xc000000f in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just updated my MB Bios and suddenly I can't access to Windows anymore (it worked fine before). An errore, displayed by Windows boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fra55, Sep 3, 2020.

1. fra55 Win User

Windows 10 can't be accessed after BIOS update - 0xc000000f

Hi guys,

I just updated my MB Bios and suddenly I can't access to Windows anymore (it worked fine before).
    An errore, displayed by Windows boot manager, states that A required device isn't connected (error code 0xc000000f).

If i enter the Bios I can select two options for boot override:

- UEFI OS
    - Windows boot manager

If I select Windows boot manager, Windows starts fine. If I choose UEFI OS I get the error.
    I tried with SFC /Scannow and it repaired some files but nothing changed.
    If I try with a bootable device -> command prompt -> bootrec it says impossible to find the specified file. Automatic repair says that it cannot repair the system.
    I tried with bootrec /scanos it only finds the Windows.old setup.

Any hints?

:)

fra55, Sep 3, 2020

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't be accessed after BIOS update - 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - can't accessed BIOS

2. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  3. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bios: I've recently fitted a new m.2 ssd card to my pc motherboard ASUS a320m-k and I'm unable to access the bios to change the boot sequence. I've tried holding down the f2 and delete keys during boot up separately and together. I've tried accessing through Windows 10 UEFI...
  4. Can't access bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 - Can't access secondary drive HDD or SSD after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Can't access secondary drive HDD or SSD after BIOS update: Hi all, Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this resolved... I updated my BIOS today (AMD/Gigabyte mobo) and on the reboot it booted my main SSD (Windows 10 OS drive) but not my other SSD (Gaming) or backups HDD. It initially loaded them as USB...
  6. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment: This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently tried that and it worked fine, but having satisfied my curiosity I decided to revert to MBR. The process required a few BIOS...
  7. Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f: I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:" 1. Insert your windows installation disk and...
  8. I can't access BIOS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access BIOS in windows 10: Hi, I face this question whenever I try to access BIOS. Would you please help me to solve it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-bios-in-windows-10/74b7e02e-70c7-42ff-bdb4-f5577a0c1329
  9. Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Cannot Boot after Update (Error code: 0xc000000f): Hi, My Windows 10 machine updated itself today (taking a really long time). When it was finished I rebooted it and I'm getting: Recovery Your PC/device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000f I tried booting from...
  10. Can't access bios in windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access bios in windows 10 home: Hi there, I have been having trouble accessing the bios ever since I upgraded to win 10. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance. 44075
Tags: