Windows 10: Windows 10 cant connect to Ethernet after clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 cant connect to Ethernet after clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have two pc's both connected to a NAS unit by a wired connection. After an update, one computer refused to boot up, continually saying it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wezken, Feb 25, 2020.

1. wezken Win User

Windows 10 cant connect to Ethernet after clean install

We have two pc's both connected to a NAS unit by a wired connection.

After an update, one computer refused to boot up, continually saying it was repairing itself. Eventually there was no alternative but to re-install W10.

Now the pc wont connect to our network. Our network is called 'Network 2' but it seems that the new W10 installation is connected to another network called 'Network', on which nothing shows up but the pc itself.

I am assuming that the reason it wont connect to the real network is because it thinks it is already connected to a network and cant connect to more than one network at a time?

If I use the software supplied with the NAS unit the pc will connect to the NAS unit OK but that doesn't really help.

I think I need to remove the bogus network and get the pc to connect to 'Network 2' but I cant do it.

I have tried all sorts of ideas on the internet but nothing works.

Help!

Wes.

:)

wezken, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 25, 2020
  4. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cant connect to Ethernet after clean install - Similar Threads - cant connect Ethernet

2. Cant Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Clean Install: Hey, im using win 11 rn i didnt liked it i want to go back to win 10 itoesnt let me.I first tried installing fresh from pc upgrade now feature on win 10 imedia creation tool, when it gets to %100 it gives an error installing it downloaded perfectly[no error code]-I tried to...
  3. Cant connect to ethernet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect to ethernet?: Hey I csnt comment to ethernet on my newest built pc, I tried all the simple things. Then went to youtube tutorials nothing's worked so far. Any clues to why? It keeps asking me to troubleshoot but it cant find drivers for my wifi adapter which I dont have. I use the b550 f...
  4. No internet connection after windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No internet connection after windows 10 clean install: I did a windows 10 clean install and now i cant connect to the internet? I went to device manager and under other devices it shows that things are missing like ethernet controller, pci devices, and other things? What do i do? Should i just clean install again?...
  5. Cant activate after a clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant activate after a clean install of windows 10: Hi all, I have had my pc for about 3 years now, it was a custom build sent to me from a trusted 3rd party. The pc initially came with windows 7/8.1 and I received the windows 10 upgrade through the insider program. After 3 years the PC had became a bit sluggish and I felt...
  6. Windows 10 connects to these websites after a clean install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 connects to these websites after a clean install: [ATTACH] Windows 10 offers tons of privacy control for end users which they can control at their will. If you are installing a fresh copy of Windows 10, starting with version 1709 and later, Microsoft has released details of which endpoints [...] This post Windows 10...
  7. Lost audio and ethernet connection after installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost audio and ethernet connection after installing windows 10.: I have a desktop PC with a Gigabyte X58 motherboard and Realtek audio and ethernet apps. The first thing that happened is the Realtek HD audio manager box kept coming up and I could not stop it. I deleted the audio app and it stop popping up, until I did a restart. Then it...
  8. No intenet connection, after clean install Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No intenet connection, after clean install Windows 10.: After the free upgrade all worked properly, then i did a clean install (format) with a bootable usb that i made from media center. 6 days now no Internet connection, no wifi option. I think its the common problem with Wifi on Wos 10. As you realize i have only the windows...
  9. Cant connect to Ethernet

Cant connect to Ethernet: So i recently updated to windows 10, and i noticed i wasn't connected to my Ethernet anymore, so i had to connect my PC to the wifi. Under my "network Adapters" it only shows "Qualcomm Atheros 802.11 1/b/g/n" I tried connecting another ethernet cable, but nothing happened....
  10. No Internet Connection by Ethernet after Windows 10 installation

No Internet Connection by Ethernet after Windows 10 installation: Hi, I installed Windows 10 earlier today and could not get the internet connection by ethernet working. Please advise as there has been no useful information on the internet that works. Regards Adrian 73230