Windows 10: Windows 10 can't connect to internet after switching router power off & on. All other wifi...

Discus and support Windows 10 can't connect to internet after switching router power off & on. All other wifi... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We had to change plug sockets of our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all wifi devices have connected such as this macbook, my phone, alexa &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeilD323, Nov 10, 2020.

1. NeilD323 Win User

Windows 10 can't connect to internet after switching router power off & on. All other wifi...

We had to change plug sockets of our WIFI router.

When we turned it back on, all wifi devices have connected such as this macbook, my phone, alexa & another PC, but the Windows 10 PC doesn't connect.

The Windows 10 PC was on & Internet was connected to it when we turned off the router.

It has always been set on Windows 10, for Wifi to connect automatically as usual, when I click to connect to WIFI, it displays 'can't connect to this network'.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Neil

:)

NeilD323, Nov 10, 2020
  2. edLim1 Win User

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

I recently switched ISP from RCN to Xfinity. They swapped out the router as well.

Before the switch, i was able to connect to wifi with no issues on my pc. However, once i switched I am able to access wifi on every device except my pc.

I am using

Wifi adapater: netgear a7000

to clarify: I am able to connect to the internet, but the connection says "No internet, Secured" and i am unable to access any internet browsers.

I am able to connect to my smartphone's hotspot.

I've restarted my router. I've tried the cmd(admin) prompts: ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew. I've reinstalled the latest wifi adapter drivers. I've unchecked all the power saver settings. I've factory reset my pc. Nothing seems to work. I'm thinking
    that my wifi adapter isn't compatible with the new xfinity router.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

edLim1, Nov 10, 2020
  3. michael Win User
    Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Nov 10, 2020
  4. night.fox Win User

Windows 10 can't connect to internet after switching router power off & on. All other wifi...

Ethernet Cable not detected by both WiFi router and LAN Switch

you could take a small 1m LAN wire, bring it together with your WIFI router and test them closer to your switch and/or modem. I experienced this before few months ago. At first, I keep getting disconnected like router is not connecting to internet. Then had a week vacation. After powering on my modem/wifi router, my router cannot connect to internet. I thought my wifi died. I have changed the LAN wire and what do you know, it was the wire. I cannot seem to explain as when I check the old cable, plugging directly from my computer to modem, it was working fine but my wifi doesnt want that cable.

night.fox, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't connect to internet after switching router power off & on. All other wifi... - Similar Threads - can't connect internet

2. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  3. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  4. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all the wifi devices connected, like my phone and another PC, but the Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always...
  6. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all Wifi devices connected, my phone and another PC, but Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always been set in...
  7. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.: We had to change the plugs on our WIFI router. When we turned it back on, all Wifi devices connected, my phone and another PC, but Windows 10 PC won't connect. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always been set in...
  8. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on.

9. Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on. All other...

Windows 10 cannot connect to the Internet after turning the router off and on. All other...: When we turned it back on, all wifi devices connected, like my phone and another PC, but Windows 10 PC. The Windows 10 PC was on and the internet was connected when we turned off the router. It has always been set in Windows 10, so that Wifi connects automatically as usual,...
  10. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine: Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok. Virgin came out and checked the line & router twice, and said the line was perfect at 100 meg, changed the router to be safe and...