Windows 10: Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer

Discus and support Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have 2 computers in my network: a desktop and a laptop. I'm trying to access file folders from my desktop on my laptop, but when I do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hishighness420, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer

Hello all, I have 2 computers in my network: a desktop and a laptop. I'm trying to access file folders from my desktop on my laptop, but when I do it asks me for my login and password. I've tried every password I can think of to log in but it won't accept it. I log in to my desktop using a pin number but that doesn't work either.

I need to know how to either figure out what password it wants or to change my password on my desktop to one it will accept. Or, if there's no way to do that how to add a user to my desktop that I can use to connect from my laptop.

Thank your for your time.

:)

hishighness420, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Kari Win User

Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer

remote desktop connection

• What is the operating system of that remote computer? Exact version and edition please, for instance Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro.
    • Is the remote computer on the same network than the client, the computer you are connecting from? For instance, are both computers on your home network?
    • Are the incoming remote connections enabled on the remote computer?

Thema:

Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer

1. Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer - Similar Threads - can't connect remote

2. Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am using Windows 10 22H2 as my primary computer and connecting to a remote computer on my home network that is also using Windows 10 22H2My goal for the remote computer is act as an audio player. It is hooked up to my speakers in another room and plays audio...
  3. Connecting Remotely to a Windows 10 Computer - Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Remotely to a Windows 10 Computer - Printers: Hi,I found this utility that seems to work pretty well:rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /c[computername] /ilMy only question is, does anyone know if you can use this command to connect a shared printer to a specific profile on a workstation? I found one article which stated...
  4. Connecting Remotely to a Windows 10 Computer - Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Remotely to a Windows 10 Computer - Printers: Hi,I found this utility that seems to work pretty well:rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /c[computername] /ilMy only question is, does anyone know if you can use this command to connect a shared printer to a specific profile on a workstation? I found one article which stated...
  5. Connecting Remotely to a Windows 10 Computer - Printers

6. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  7. this computer can't connect to the remote computer

this computer can't connect to the remote computer: ?my windows 10 pro I try use remote desktop but is not work. I try all the solution but steel not work what I should do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-computer-cant-connect-to-the-remote-computer/d306c2a1-71e3-4bbd-8fe2-29e743bbac3d
  8. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...: Hi, I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers. The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error. Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable......
  9. remote connecting a computer

remote connecting a computer: How do you remote connect 2 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-connecting-a-computer/4f8313df-f430-4b37-a11f-fc9c95d44d46
  10. Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10

Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10: ISSUE: Remote Desktop can't connect the remote computer for one of these reasons on Windows 10 I got this error and researched the issue for days. My company IT couldn't help either and the ultimate solution was so simple. And I didn't see this answer ANYWHERE on the...