Windows 10: Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files

Discus and support Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried disk clean up tool, manually by entering the run dialogue and even with Ccleaner. The files will not delete! I am trying to install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ellenmac, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ellenmac Win User

Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files

I have tried disk clean up tool, manually by entering the run dialogue and even with Ccleaner. The files will not delete! I am trying to install a windows update and I haven't got enough room.

Please help as it's driving me mad!

:)

ellenmac, Nov 6, 2018

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 6, 2018
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files

Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10

Windows 10 says my temporary files have 5.16 GB of temporary files. Using this recommended method

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete
    Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK
    Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK
    the files don't get deleted and looking at the size of the files I find that I have less than 30 Mbytes of temporary files

My computer (a tablet with keyboard) has only 32 GB of storage

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Ken and MagsMay, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files

1. Windows 10 - can't delete temporary inernet files - Similar Threads - can't delete temporary

2. Deleting temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting temporary files: Hi,I'm tring to delete the temporary files from my computer but after I'm deleting them I see that they keep "geting back"I delete them in some different ways. I see that i have 233MB of temp files and after deleting them i see just a few KB of files.When I'm checking it...
  3. Temporary files not deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary files not deleting: So I was watching some Netflix when I received a pop-up message from chrome stating that I should delete the temporary cache files from Netflix, so I closed it and headed over to my storage settings and noticed that it was full, I remember having around 50GB free on my m.2...
  4. 50GB in temporary files and I can't delete it..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50GB in temporary files and I can't delete it..: So I noticed this morning that for some reason I lost about 50GB of storage space on my boot ssd so I looked around a bit to find that there is 47,6GB of temporary files on my system out of nowhere. I'm talking about the temporary files when looking at the storage window in...
  5. Temporary files can't be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary files can't be deleted: I have a windows 10 device. For a long time I have needed to complete an update. After recently buying a 32gb memory stick but it only has 30 gb's on it I have tried to update. The windows 10 update assistant says I need to clear 8gb off my computer. I see my temporary files...
  6. Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10

Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10: so my pc says i have 5gb of temp files and i cant delete them i try disk clean up and going to the temp file but it says there nothing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-temporary-files-in-windows-10/bf14d51f-cafc-4ef7-a43c-bd1388c3c390
  7. Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10

Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10: Windows 10 tells me that my disk space is getting low on my C: drive. And it is. 120MB according to File Explorer. So I went to Settings|System|Storage|Free up space now. The scan there found 1.90GB in Temporary Internet Files. I clicked Remove Files, and after some...
  8. Deleting temporary files

Deleting temporary files: I have been trying to clear drive space so I can update. I have moved everything I can to a mass storage device and I have only been able to remove a small amount of temp files. I am left with 5GB. I have deleted all my excess mail and now I am stuck. Is there a way to view...
  9. I can't delete my temporary files!

I can't delete my temporary files!: This is probably something that's been going around for a while but I have found no solution whatsoever. The problem I have is that I am unable to delete my temporary files. Here is a screenshot of my current storage *according to settings [ATTACH] As you can see, 36.6...
  10. Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10: How to: Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10 You can remove temporary files to free up disk space on your drives. This can delete temporary files, empty Downloads folder, empty Recycle Bin, delete previous version of Windows,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant delete temp files