Windows 10: Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; welp, I had over 1300 apps installed in my last install of win10.... i reinstalled, figuring I just had leftover apps from win8.1/8/7.... I am an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu

welp, I had over 1300 apps installed in my last install of win10....

i reinstalled, figuring I just had leftover apps from win8.1/8/7....

I am an audio/video professional, and in my reinstall, I already have 558 apps. I went clean, and reinstalled all of my apps.

Now I can't add anything to the start menu.

wonderful.

I wonder if I can remove entries to make space?

Those of you who are saying us +512'ers have "too much time" actually don't realize we are working *Wink

jasonbmerrill, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Code: Get-StartApps | measure[/quote]

3. dporter5 Win User
    [/quote] Thank you, Gary.

dporter5, Sep 1, 2015
  4. dskiller Win User

Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu

I just noticed recently, that programs are not showing in the start menu apps.

and dont show up in search.

I ran the get-apps measure command

and it said I had 576.

which is understandable, as I do alot of dev/modding/programing and have alot of stuff installed.

and so microsoft still did not fix this??

guess Im using start10 for now.

start10 has some better options anyway.

dskiller, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu

1. Windows 10 Can't Display More than 512 Apps in the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't Display More

2. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  3. More Start Menu Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Start Menu Features: Will you be adding and or bringing back any start menu features? As it is now it favors searching through and scrolling through lists. As far as visually navigating, the UI experience is very lacking. Half of the real estate is taken up by recommended apps leaving precious...
  4. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  5. More Groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  6. Start Menu not displaying All apps

Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  7. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  8. Windows 10 uses more data than displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 uses more data than displayed: So far I have only connected my laptop to my phone's hotspot. My phone can monitor the amount of data my laptop is using whenever it is using it's laptop. What concerns me is that, the data used by the laptop displayed on my phone is 800 MB, but Data App Usage is claiming to...
  9. start menu stuck displaying all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu stuck displaying all apps: so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this? [img] 60633
  10. Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?: I have lots of small screensavers installed - many are just variations and sets of a similar theme, but show individually in the screensavers settings drop-down box. It seems that I cannot access anything beyond the first 100 - for me that means anything after midway through...