Windows 10: Windows 10 - Can't Download Pics To "Picture" Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 - Can't Download Pics To "Picture" Folder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A yr. ago I obtained a new AT&T Android known as Alcatel. In order to get my phone pics to download to the "Picture" Folder on my Windows 10 laptop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeRM1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MikeRM1 Win User

Windows 10 - Can't Download Pics To "Picture" Folder

A yr. ago I obtained a new AT&T Android known as Alcatel. In order to get my phone pics to download to the "Picture" Folder on my Windows 10 laptop, I had to go into the phones settings and select PTP - picture transfer protocol vs. MTP - media transfer protocol. If MTP was used the pics would download to the "Photo" folder.

This no longer works. I suspect a Microsoft Upgrade created this issue as nothing else has changed.

What must I NOW do to get my cell phone pics to download to the Windows 10 "Picture" Folder?

Thanks.

:)

MikeRM1, Aug 20, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. move pics from downloads to pictures

Hello,

Windows offers a few other ways to copy or move files. To help you out with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to move files from the Downloads folder to your Pictures folder:

• Right-click a file/files and click Cut.
    • Navigate to your Pictures folder.
    • Right-click your destination folder and choose Paste.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Can't Download Pics To "Picture" Folder - Similar Threads - Can't Download Pics

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  4. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from Pictures folder: Have selected on OneDrive and Photos app for pictures to only come from the Pictures folder.Still seems to be accessing photos from other folders, which doesn't make for a great slideshow when it is displaying photos which were taken for reasons other than the enjoyment of...
  6. Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from Pictures folder

Photos Widget Showing Pics NOT from Pictures folder: Have selected on OneDrive and Photos app for pictures to only come from the Pictures folder.Still seems to be accessing photos from other folders, which doesn't make for a great slideshow when it is displaying photos which were taken for reasons other than the enjoyment of...
  7. Can't view downloaded pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view downloaded pics: I down loaded 8 pictures from the internet, only 2 are visible in the download file. I then downloaded them again to a new file and the same two photos are displayed when I open the file but not the other 6. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  8. I can't download pic on this forum.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't download pic on this forum.: I want to ask the questen here but I can't download the pic to show my problem. I am pushing on the "download" button but happen northing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-pic-on-this-forum/3ecb2d50-fb8c-45a0-adce-cb12e919b660
  9. downloading pics

downloading pics: When I try to download pics from my phone, it's only trying to download 10 from a 100 taken this weekend. How do I get the computer to download all of them?...
  10. Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video: I am getting very annoyed with this, and I am sure that someone else has had this. Initially Win10 would happily detect my card reader plugged in the USB and download the video, albeit to the pics folder with no option to put them in the video folder. Now, whilst my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant download the picture