Windows 10: Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts

Discus and support Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not allowing me to edit the Notes and Description on the Details Tab for internet shortcuts I create on my Desktop. I am an administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raymond S. Pietrzak, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts

Windows 10 is not allowing me to edit the Notes and Description on the Details Tab for internet shortcuts I create on my Desktop. I am an administrator on my computer and can create, edit, or delete shortcuts without issues. However, if I try and add notes or descriptions on the details tab, it tells me I need permissions from myself, but it does not work. How can I solve this?

Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts 8615bdf5-59d2-4d5e-ae28-32c5f0c35a12?upload=true.jpg

:)

Raymond S. Pietrzak, Dec 11, 2020
  2. kaspencer Win User

Windows 10: HTML shortcut Details & Notes

Thankyou, Robert ...

Yes, they are URL files. But I have none with the Description/Notes fields filled in, and if I attempt to add details to any of the shortcuts/favourites, I am prohibited by security from completing the save.

I have opened the files in Notepad, but there is no indication of a "Description" nor a "Notes" field.

I tried adding such details by beginning a new line with the field label+"=" and added text but any added information is not saved, although no error is issued.

Is this a security problem associated with a Windows 10 upgrade? Assistance and resolution is my hope!

Thanks you,

Kenneth Spencer

kaspencer, Dec 11, 2020
  3. PCkeys Win User
    Edit Services "Description" field

As title suggests, I'm wondering how to edit the description of services that appear in "services.msc"... I have several programs that run as services that I know and use, but have no descriptions at all.

Would be nice to be able to see these and immediately recognize them when viewing list of running services.

Cheers

PCkeys, Dec 11, 2020
  4. kaspencer Win User

Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts

Windows 10: HTML shortcut Details & Notes

Following the update to Windows 10, I have been trying to add Details & Notes to the Properties Fields of some HTML Shortcuts on the desktop. However when I try to do that, the process fails silently.

Sometimes the Apply button remains greyed-out, whilst sometimes it remains apparently active, but when clicked, no action is taken. The Close button also has no effect once an attempt has been made to create text in the two offending edit boxes.

By way of background:

- the shortcuts are on the desktop, but moving them elsewhere has no effect;

- I am the owner of the files;

- I have tried performing the changes to the shortcuts as Administrator.

Advice will be gratefully received.

Kenneth Spencer

kaspencer, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts

1. Windows 10: Can't Edit Description or Notes Fields on Details Tab of Internet Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Can't Edit Description

2. How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file: Hello,I am trying to have some files by grouped by description. Im using win11. I go to properties for the file>details tab>description. I enter my description and it says "File Access Denied" and "You'll need to provide administrator permissions to apply properties to this...
  3. How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Edit Description under Details tab in Properties for a file: Hello,I am trying to have some files by grouped by description. Im using win11. I go to properties for the file>details tab>description. I enter my description and it says "File Access Denied" and "You'll need to provide administrator permissions to apply properties to this...
  4. Can't Edit Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Edit Details: I opened Proerties > Security in a Windows 11 image file. I am logged on as a User . Usersme_desktop\User has Full Control; at least tick is by Full Control.Go the Details tab and cannot edit any item. Why?Any help please....
  5. Can't Edit Details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Edit Details: I opened Proerties > Security in a Windows 11 image file. I am logged on as a User . Usersme_desktop\User has Full Control; at least tick is by Full Control.Go the Details tab and cannot edit any item. Why?Any help please....
  6. Editing notes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing notes on Windows 10: Is it possible on Windows 10 to edit Excel notes not comments all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-notes-on-windows-10/876f7c74-faa6-4568-b1b6-9ca148eda2c6
  7. Outlook - Notes field - Is it correct there is no 'Notes' field?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - Notes field - Is it correct there is no 'Notes' field?: When creating a new contact, there is "Notes" box. I have searched and searched, there are a lot of fields, including 4 UserFields, but I am afraid I can't find a specific "Notes" field. OTOH when I wish to import a .csv file and have to map fields, then "Notes" does show...
  8. Can't edit FLAC details in properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't edit FLAC details in properties: I just downloaded some FLAC files and I need to edit their properties, but each time I fill out the details tab and hit "Apply" or "OK" it doesn't apply changes and wipes the details. I did download them from a .torrent file using qbittorrent, so that might have something to...
  9. Edit Services "Description" field

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Edit Services "Description" field: As title suggests, I'm wondering how to edit the description of services that appear in "services.msc"... I have several programs that run as services that I know and use, but have no descriptions at all. Would be nice to be able to see these and immediately recognize...
  10. Can't edit mp3 details

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 details: So recently I decided to build up my music library on my phone, so I also wanted to update some of my music with details (album, artist, etc) but for some reason it won't let me do it even as an admin So here's what I've done so far: 1. Went to properties 2. Went to...