Windows 10: windows 10 Can't find .exe files

Discus and support windows 10 Can't find .exe files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveHorvath1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands

1. Right Click Start.- Run

2. Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).

3 Type or copy paste the below command lines into it:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

If I press enter I get an error message that it can't find dism.exe.

I then type these commands into the command prompt and reboot the system. Still no fix.

Please provide me with some instructions that work.

:)

SteveHorvath1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 12, 2019
  4. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

.exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 Can't find .exe files

1. windows 10 Can't find .exe files - Similar Threads - Can't find exe

2. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  3. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  4. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  5. Windows no longer finds .exe files

Windows no longer finds .exe files: Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it cannot find it. If I navigate to the winword.exe it says it cannot find it. Having the same issue with itunes, adobe acrobat...
  6. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  7. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  8. Can't open File .exe

Can't open File .exe: I can't open the Alienwarecommandcenter.exe and Alienware OC.exe. When I try to open the file, the administrators appear, I click ok but then the install file becomes white i've tried to run sfc scan but it told me that my computer don't have any problems. everything is Ok....
  9. Windows can't find .exe

Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...
  10. Windows 10 can't find files! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't find files! :(: I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find exe files windows 10

2. find exe files

3. where is the exe file located

4. windows cannot find exe files that are installed,
  5. find exe. files,
  6. saved .exe file location,
  7. windows cant find xpsrchvw.exe,
  8. where to find exe file,
  9. where to find a .exe file,
  10. windows cant find windows32 on windows 10,
  11. cant find application exe,