Windows 10: Windows 10 can't find files! :(

Discus and support Windows 10 can't find files! :( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr Mag00, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

Windows 10 can't find files! :(

I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File Explorer to find anything! It takes forever! Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated. *Smile

:)

Mr Mag00, Jul 23, 2016

2. Problems accessing desktop background file

I had accumulated a large file of family photos under Windows 7.1 for use as desktop backgrounds which the "personalization" function would randomly cycle through every 10 minutes.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can't find the file in order to add new photos. Windows 10 is cycling through my family photo file just fine; however I can't find where windows has stored the file, so I can't drag and drop new photos into the file. This
    feature is very important to me and my family. Can you help me find the file???

StevePollak, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows 10 can't not find file

Exactly how do you try to open these files?

Have you tried opening your image program then using the file open command to open the file?

Rohn007, Jul 23, 2016
  4. Mr Mag00 Win User

Problem solved. I fixed the SEARCH problem in Windows 10. *Smile

Mr Mag00, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    How did you fix it? What did you do? What instructions did you follow? Post a link.

Also, give Everything Search a try. Best search engine available. Only for finding files, not for looking at file content.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't find files! :( - Similar Threads - can't find files

2. windows can't find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows can't find my files: i booted up my computer after an update a few days ago and tried to open a text file on my desktop, it threw the error of "Windows cannot find path to file. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". if i try to open a photo and i get "path to photo no such...
  3. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  4. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  5. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't find file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find file: I downloaded a plugin for ableton live which required a installer first. I used the installer to download the actual plugin then it required me to restart my computer. Once I finished restarting the pc, I searched for the downloaded plugin so i could move it into the correct...
  7. Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Exlorer can't find files: File Exlorer can't find files after renaming their folders. The only remedy seems start indexing all over again - but that can't be the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-exlorer-cant-find-files/dc68195a-d375-4259-876a-b20557c53b55
  8. Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10: When I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all of my files, documents, accounts, etc., disappeared. I tried to find them on my hard drive to reestablish them but they aren't viewable to do that. I know they are there somewhere but no idea how to find them and restore...
  9. SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10: After running many sfc tests, I always get the same result. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Same thing with Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, at about 90.1% I always end up with "Error: 0x800f081f The source...
  10. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...