Windows 10: Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared

Discus and support Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a new question about my homenet: workgroup name HOMENET . Windows 10 said it could not find the path with the error code 0x80070035 a help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loninappleton, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared

This is a new question about my homenet: workgroup name HOMENET . Windows 10 said it could not find the path with the error code 0x80070035

a help page I looked at is here:
    Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found. [Solved] - Driver Easy

gives some instructions-- quite a few -- and I wonder if there is some other shorter solution or if the drivereasy method will even work.

I inspected the Win 10 drive c: Properties and indeed it did say not shared. So I changed that
    in the procedure. Win 10 now says that c: is recognized, I can open the run command and get the directory.

But the error persists that Windows 10 cannot find the path.

Then there is a step involving ipconfig and IPv4. I made the requested ipconfig /all as
    requested and I have forgotten how to keep the result from running then winking off. For all these reasons I am starting over here. Is it /p to get it to pause? Nope not slash p

What does TenForum suggest to solve the problem of this simple path not found that previously
    did not exist?

Full disclosure on this is I have run the Blackbird privacy suite. I do not know if that does
    something to break my home network or if this is a separate issue.

:)

loninappleton, Sep 25, 2018

2. Share my Windows 10 Machine on WorkGroup

Hello

I have a workgroup of 3 computers

1 Windows 7

2 Windows 10

Same workgroup name for each computer

From My Windows 7 Machine I set-up the sharing

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

I have Amin Login/Password on each machine

So now I can acces and browse my Windows 7 machine from my Windows 10 machine

But if I try to acces the Windows 10 Machine from the W7 machines I get a Login Pasword form suggesting a domain which is the name of My W7 machine

But now way to access the Windows 10 machine with my usual Login Password

I look around on internet and just found some tricky solution requiring Registry editing

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-10-network-share-access.html

Is it really so tricky & complicate to configure Windows 10 for networking ?

Thanks for any help

Thanks for your comments / suggestions

OlivierGoossens Bara, Sep 25, 2018
  3. RodMSC3# Win User
    Can't connect to shared network drive

After the last Windows 10 update (1803), our five Windows 10 Pro computers which are in a WORKGROUP local network (no domain) keep loosing their connection to two shared network drives on one of the computers. Usually by restarting their computer (sometimes
    multiple times) they can see the shared drives. Also, the following steps almost always fix the problem but again it only lasts for a day or two or sometimes a few hours.

1. Close all running programs.
    2. Click on Start Menu and then rt-click on This PC and choose Properties.
    3. Click on “Advanced System Settings” on the left side of the window.
    4. Click on Computer Name tab.
    5. Click on Network ID button.
    6. Accept the default of “This computer is part of a business network”.
    7. Click on the Next button.
    8. Change the setting to “My computer uses a network without a domain”.
    9. Accept the default workgroup name of “WORKGROUP”.
    10. Click on Next button.

11. Click on Finish button.

12. Click on OK.

13. Restart the computer.

Also restarting the computer which hosts the shared drives also doesn't seen to solve the problem for more than a few hours.

Thanks very much for any help.

RodMSC3#, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared

1. Windows 10 can't find the Workgroup but says the drive is shared - Similar Threads - can't find Workgroup

2. is workgroup share encrypted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  3. is workgroup share encrypted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is workgroup share encrypted?: hi, i just wondered, when i have a workgroup share and insert the local machine user and password to access the shared folder is the username and password encrypted?or plain text?10x...
  4. is workgroup share encrypted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing on a Windows 10 Pro workgroup: I setup a share on a Windows 10 pro computer so that others can map to it via \\hostname\share. The issue is that when I try mapping to it from another computer on the workgroup it prompts for creds. When I enter the creds of the local admin user and click save credentials is...
  6. Windows 10 can't share printer to other Windows 10 on same WorkGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 can't share printer to other Windows 10 on same WorkGroup: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my home computer. I reinstalled the same printer I had when my computer was a Windows 7 computer. The printer is installed via USB on my computer: Canon MG3620. I can print to it. I want my husband to be able to print to it from his...
  7. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  8. Network/Workgroup Sharing

Network/Workgroup Sharing: Sirs: I have two computers set up to use the same Workgroup. When I try to connect from one computer to the other. I get a message "You do not have permission to access (the shared directory)" on the other computer. I enabled all sharing and permissions that I can find...
  9. win 10 refuses to share drive in workgroup

win 10 refuses to share drive in workgroup: Drive C: on a new win10 laptop is marked Shared for Everyone, read+write+control (because it will hold a webserver and database server that must be manageable from other workstations in the workgroup). Yet win10 refuses access to a map-network-drive request from File...
  10. Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup

Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup: We set up our small business network as a Workgroup awhile ago with all Windows XP computers. Some have been since upgraded to Windows 7, others to Windows 10. The most important issue is a folder on an XP machine that all others in the network need to be able to access....