Windows 10: Windows 10 cant log in stuck at safe mode prompt

Discus and support Windows 10 cant log in stuck at safe mode prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I rebooted my machine to try and fix a flickering screen and selected safe mode When it boots it says password incorrect, ive tried password and Pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chalky600, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Chalky600 Win User

Windows 10 cant log in stuck at safe mode prompt

I rebooted my machine to try and fix a flickering screen and selected safe mode

When it boots it says password incorrect, ive tried password and Pin

I have tried to reboot selecting with safemode with network so that my machine can get my password but it wont recognise the network

I have a recovery USB and can boot from that and access the drive

when I try things like bcdedit they dont work, I think its because I booted from USB and so it is not accessing the users on my hard drive

surely there is a way that I can reset the flag in the machine to boot up in normal mode rather than safe mode, I have read many articles but they always have managed to log into the machine when they run commands and so the OS is running on the hard drive you are configuring.

I have no way of logging in when it boots in safe mode and I cant select any other login its stuck

so the only acces to my system is from booting with USB

Please advise

:)

Chalky600, Apr 17, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Apr 17, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cant log in stuck at safe mode prompt - Similar Threads - cant log stuck

2. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  3. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode: After shutting down my desktop last night, I turned it on today and it’s got to password box and it shows my second display as black and I can move my cursor to it. Usually it would not have signal on my second display until I logged in. Ctrl alt del doesn’t work and it...
  4. Windows can’t log in - no log in prompt at startup or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking: A recent windows update screw with something and started making my cpu to overheat. I went to safemode to reverse the update but got stuck in the log-in because it ask for my password instead of my pin. I didnt remeber my password so I change it through the phone. That didn't...
  6. Windows 10 Stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Stuck in Safe Mode: So I had a problem with a desktop. Used msconfig to reboot to safe mode, to troubleshoot, normal enough. Rebooted, @ login screen got, "we're not able to access your security pin at this time". No option to switch to password, rebooted hoping it would default back to standard...
  7. Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode: I have tried going through troubleshooting and restarted in safe mode with networking but it does nothing, ive tried the command promt option but it still wont accept my password. Any ideas?...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Stuck in safe mode: I entered safemode through MSconfig and when my PC booted back up it asked for the password and not the pin. I don’t know the password, so I reset it though Microsoft but it won’t recognize that the password was changed because it isn’t connected the internet. Every time I...
  9. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  10. Stuck in Safe Mode - no password prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - no password prompt: I wanted to log in to Windows 10 in safe mode, so I use msconfig to choose "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted. Windows loads the sign-in screen, with my sign-in wallpaper, the date/time, and the 'no network' icon in the bottom-right. When I press any key to sign-in, the...