Windows 10: Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.

Discus and support Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I changed the "startup" options from "all programs" to "essential programs". After re-starting my laptop and entering my usual local password, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Fred319, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Fred319 Win User

Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.

Hi,

I changed the "startup" options from "all programs" to "essential programs". After re-starting my laptop and entering my usual local password, I got a message on the screen, indicating there was a problem with my log-in and I got an "incorrect password" message every time I tried my password. I am 100% sure that my password is correct and there is no simple explanation like Caps-Lock, keyboard, etc.

I tried to use, "I forgot my password" and SAFE-MODE options but every time I get back to the first page i.e. the log-in page with no avail. In SAFE-MODE, I can see my log-in name and hotmail address under it, but my Administrator password which is the one I used to use for logging-in, doesn't get accepted.

On my Microsoft account page, I can see the laptop in question under "My Devices".My laptop: HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab252ne 64-bit

MyWindows 10 is up-to-date: CoreSingleLanguage Version 1903 however; I am not sure that I have set-up any security question

Is there a way that I can reset my password without losing my invaluable files? Can any DOS commands be used?

With many thanks in advance,

Fred319

:)

Fred319, Jan 5, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options.

1. Windows 10: Can't log-in with correct password after changing startup options. - Similar Threads - Can't log correct

2. Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct: Hello, I am writing this for my dad. Basically over the last few days he is unable to get onto his computer as he is unable to log into Windows 10 due to it saying the password is incorrect, even though it's not. He reset his password each day and made sure the correct one...
  3. Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into Windows 10 even though password is correct: Hello, I am writing this for my dad. Basically over the last few days he is unable to get onto his computer as he is unable to log into Windows 10 due to it saying the password is incorrect, even though it's not. He reset his password each day and made sure the correct one...
  4. Can't log in after password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  5. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  6. Can't log in after password change.

7. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  8. Can't log in windows with correct password

Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  9. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can't log into windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into windows with correct password: I recently got my laptop repaired, and it was wiped. I opened it up everything seemed alright so I wanted to stop using the local user and log in with my account. EVERY TIME. I GET TO THE PAGE THAT SAYS "We'll need your current windows password one last time" AFTER CHANGING...