Windows 10: Windows 10 can't open system properties

Discus and support Windows 10 can't open system properties in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hiWhen i type in thispc in the text box then click on properties on the right hand side, the app opens but then closes itself shortly. Whilst its open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by junior_dev, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 can't open system properties

hiWhen i type in thispc in the text box then click on properties on the right hand side, the app opens but then closes itself shortly. Whilst its open the screen is blank except for a picture of a cog.

:)

junior_dev, Sep 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Processor name not showing in System properties window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) Service usually manages the information displayed in the System properties window. It could be possible that the service is not running properly that is the reason the Processor name is not displayed in
    the System properties window.

I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Windows Management Instrumentation service, and check if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running then, right click on the service and click on
      Properties.
    5. Now, select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    6. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 can't open system properties

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 can't open system properties

1. Windows 10 can't open system properties - Similar Threads - can't open system

2. Can't open prefetch or look at properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open prefetch or look at properties: My account is admin but I can't open anything and it says I'm not the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-prefetch-or-look-at-properties/00669dee-2516-4544-be03-396e6d372293
  3. Can't open prefetch or look at properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open prefetch or look at properties: My account is admin but I can't open anything and it says I'm not the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-prefetch-or-look-at-properties/00669dee-2516-4544-be03-396e6d372293
  4. I can't open user profiles under system properties

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I can't open user profiles under system properties: I can't open user profiles under system properties (or system protection). It freezes forever and doesn't load. I'm using Windows 10 21H1 However Process Explorer says it's doing something. - - - Updated - - - The window took 40 minutes to load. So it does work after all. I'm...
  5. Can't find file system properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find file system properties: Hi, I am on windows 20H2. I can't find the "file system properties" described herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disabling-the-write-behind-caching-setting-does-not-disable-all-write-behind-caching-on-the-system-78592eac-fab2-5043-296b-744e032a1cc4Is it just me or...
  6. How to open System Properties in Windows 10 Control Panel

in Windows 10 News
    How to open System Properties in Windows 10 Control Panel: The System applet in the Control Panel gives information about your computer hardware and operating system. Since Microsoft is phasing out the Control Panel applets and trying to gradually move them over to the Settings app, the System applet too appears to have gone missing...
  7. Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties: The Properties window for any file or folder is not opening When I right click and select properties. I have also checked a previously posted article regarding the same but couldn't find any thing useful. Please help me out!!...
  8. No System Properties

No System Properties: Here's a major issue I have: Where are the System Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-system-properties/cef9b780-93c4-412d-b081-0ec1cc22f888
  9. Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon (Right Click > Properties)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Open Properties Window on Any Program, Folder, or Icon (Right Click > Properties): I have encountered this problem some months ago and have just now started to try to fix it. I have browsed through many forms and many websites but have had no luck. I basically have the same issue as the user DanikSo had. Problem: Cant open any properties window on any...
  10. System Resotre & System Properties

System Resotre & System Properties: Hello, Does anyone know if performing a System Restore to a point before these settings where changed under System Properties (Advanced Tab), These settings include the following: Any of the tabs under System properties and the settings contained inside of them such as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc properties not opening windows 10

2. solution to properties not opening on Windows 10

3. this pc properties not opening