Windows 10: Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I've just upgrade my PC to Windows 10, everything is alright except when I play media files(.mp3, mp4, wav,.....) by Windows Media Player, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phamthanhnhan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge

Today I've just upgrade my PC to Windows 10, everything is alright except when I play media files(.mp3, mp4, wav,.....) by Windows Media Player, it starts to run slowly, and the sound is quite bad, I almost can't hear the sound, and the video is super lag, like watch video in low connection, I don't know why cause this, so please someone who know this please tell me how to fix it.

If this cause by driver, can you give me a link to download it ?(I use driver provide by Microsoft and HP)

Please note that I use win 8.1 driver for my Windows 10 PC because Hp still not public win 10 driver so far

My product is Hp ProBook 650 G1, i often download driver from this site: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=4158

p/s : If I play media files by 3rd party software (like PowerDVD, Itunes,...) the sound and video is normal, it only happen when I play Windows Media Player, and also, watching video by Edge is super lag, super bad sound, but Firefox ad chrome is normal

:)

phamthanhnhan, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Windows media player does not respond

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1511. Windows Media Player (WMP) will not play CDs or DVDs. WMP reads the CDs and DVDs, but will not start playing. I can see the files on WMP, but they will not play.

WMP would play both CDs and DVDs before today.

TimothyGranger, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows Media Player cannot find the file

For file formats that can't be played by WMP and also to play DVD's in Windows 10 what works best is to install free

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework

During install it will pick up all formats WMP can't play and make itself the default for those. You can also open it to play any other files, or to play DVD's since Windows 10 doesn't have a DVD player and wants you to buy one (or not).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge

Somebody please help me solve this problem, please ?

phamthanhnhan, Jul 30, 2015
  5. My experience is different though but happy to share with you what I did.
    My WMP and favorite Media Classic Player (MCP) didn't play video in Windows 10 but had no problem with sound.
    VLC and 5KPlayer played everything fine though but I missed my MCP.
    Frustration made me crazy and I uninstalled the proprietary driver (ATI Radeon adaptor 5000 series) from "Display adaptor" in "Device Manager". (I'm not an IT guy! *Biggrin )
    Windows replaced the driver with its own "Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor". Now the video is back!
    Not sure about audio. Maybe Microsoft's own audio driver helps too, well, just maybe. If you wanna try, do it one by one.
    This may not help but hope this will add one more choice in your list to success.

Human54321, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge

1. Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge - Similar Threads - can't play media

2. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES AND NO ART WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-files/f372ab07-9022-438c-b994-e47ad2750a0f
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES AND NO ART WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-files/f372ab07-9022-438c-b994-e47ad2750a0f
  4. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD: I connected a WD drive to the network via usb through my PC shared the HD path throughout the network. i can play any video through File Explorer. When i use WMP and see the files on my UPNP HD the files do no seem to have any length and i am unable to play them through...
  6. WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD

WMP won't play media files on networked upnp HD: I connected a WD drive to the network via usb through my PC shared the HD path throughout the network. i can play any video through File Explorer. When i use WMP and see the files on my UPNP HD the files do no seem to have any length and i am unable to play them through...
  7. Playing wma files on wmp in Windows 10PRO

Playing wma files on wmp in Windows 10PRO: I used to copy CD's I had purchased onto my old Windows XP pc and play them back via Windows Media Player. However, having now upgraded to a Windows 10 o/s pc, I find that the player will not play some of these tracks. If this were the case with all the files then that would...
  8. Media - WMP and Groove

in Windows 10 Support
    Media - WMP and Groove: I drag 250Gb of music into the playlist and they bork. LOL. I realise that was probably a big ask but in these days of massive storage for cheap a media player should handle it. And don't get me started on why I have 22 albums listed with 1 song in each for a 22 track...
  9. Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media

Movie Maker files won't play on WMP or VLC or Naver Media: I have old videos recorded while on vacations the last 10 years. Most with a Sony CamCorder. Many are video clips of the same place or thing. So I used Windows Movie Maker to combine like subject matter in to a single movie. The original files are MPEG files, and they save as...
  10. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video: I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and vob very well. How can I fix it ? 16790