Windows 10: Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen.

Discus and support Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, which was upgraded from my Windows 7 install during the first year of 10's release. A few days ago, Windows suddenly started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gregory Roche, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen.

I have Windows 10, which was upgraded from my Windows 7 install during the first year of 10's release. A few days ago, Windows suddenly started complaining that "the hardware of my device has changed" and asking me to re-activate. The hardware of my device hasn't changed at all in over a year so it's a mystery to me as to why Windows is complaining now.

I go to the "Activation" section of Settings where I see "Error code: 0xC004F211". When I click "Troubleshoot" a box pops up after a few seconds saying:

"We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet and try again. [Note: I am connected to the Internet.] If you're connected to the Internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information."

If I click the link saying "I recently changed hardware on this device", a new box pops up saying "Reactivate Windows 10". I click my computer, the only device in the list, tick the option for "This is the device I'm using at the moment", and click "Activate". The box then says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

If I instead click "Get help" in the Activation section, a chat window opens up. I provide the error code, the chat asks me to click "Troubleshoot" again, then asks me if I have a Windows 10 product key (I don't; I had a Windows 7 product key and then upgraded the OS to 10). The chat window then says I will be connected to an agent. If I click "call me back", a box appears with an animation that spins for a few minutes, before saying "An error occurred. Please try your request again later."

It's been like this for over three days now. I have to keep restarting my computer every few hours to remove the obnoxious "Activate Windows" message which appears overlayed on my screen. What else can I do to stop Windows complaining about this hardware change which never happened?

:)

Gregory Roche, Nov 10, 2019

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 10, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen.

1. Windows 10 can't reactivate after "hardware change" which didn't happen. - Similar Threads - can't reactivate hardware

2. Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change: I purchased windows 11 a few months ago for my PC through the microsoft store on the computer. Recently I had to change the motherboard on the computer and now I'm getting the 'Activate Windows' issue. I've tried the troubleshoot option within windows, but it's saying it...
  3. Can't reactivate after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate after a hardware change: I have just replaced most of the components in my PC, apart from the hard disks. Before I upgraded the hardware, I linked my Window 10 pro retail license to my Microsoft account. When I log into my Microsoft account in a browser, I can see my old PC in the Devices section....
  4. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: A month ago I replaced my motherboard, along with my processor and RAM. I had internet installed yesterday, which prompted Windows to give me the "Activate Windows" watermark. The problem is, before I upgraded, I hadn't linked my device to my Microsoft account, and had no...
  5. Can't reactivate after hardware change

Can't reactivate after hardware change: I recently replaced my laptop's motherboard and now i have to reactivate my OS. I have tried to change the microsoft account and nothing changed. What should i do? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 can't be reactivated after a hardware change

Windows 10 can't be reactivated after a hardware change: So I swapped out my motherboard, CPU and memory yesterday for some high end stuff and now I can't reactivate windows. The trouble shooting windows just keeps telling me that it can't reactivate windows right now. I also tried re-using my serial key but then it says it can't...
  7. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: I changed the hardware on my computer, the processor, and the motherboard. I have a digital license and connected my account to the computer. For some reason, it doesn't recognize the computer and he thinks it's another computer. I can't reactivate windows because of this....
  8. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after Hardware Change: Changed motherboard and CPU today, had the error message of reactivating Windows 10. I haven't changed my microsoft account, and it's the one I've had for ages signed in on the same PC. It won't activate because it can't find a Windows 10 difital license. But when I've...
  9. Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?

Can't reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change?: I recently upgraded to a new motherboard and to reactivate Windows 10 with my digital license. On the activation page I get "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the Store to buy...
  10. Can't reactivate windows after hardware change

Can't reactivate windows after hardware change: Recently, I had to change my motherboard because of a burn that happened in the case, but after I replaced it, Activate Windows was in the corner of the screen. I tried to reactivate it in settings, but it wouldn't let me, even with the reactivate after a hardware change....