Windows 10: Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

Discus and support Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5 Has anyone else had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redstangirl, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ... 3rfVWQSmENOdImNwno7p22KghGUxX7gIQ819HtGsKrY.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p...bp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5

Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, ran all the latest updates, etc., but I can't get rid of this without factory resetting the computer. It gives me the same error no matter what disk I use, or which drive. Both the external Blu-Ray drive and internal DVD-RW are throwing the same error. I've tried multiple disks, but to no avail. The drives will read disks all day long, but the second I try to write to a disk, I get that message. Both the computer and external drive are brand new. This is the second time this has happened, and the only way I fixed it the first time was to factory reset the computer. Not something I want to do every week.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 1909 64-bit
    Dell OptiPlex 5070 i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
    16.0 GB RAM
    ASUS BW-16D1X-U External Blu-ray Drive https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW-16D1X-U/

submitted by /u/redstangirl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redstangirl, Mar 26, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

1. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ... - Similar Threads - can't read disk

2. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  3. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  4. Can't Read File From Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Read File From Disk: Hey I have a problem with copying a folder that I sent a month ago to my external hard drive, I cant copy it or move it because it says that can't read from the source or drive an stuck in the middle. it's weird because I can open the files or watch them with kmp since they...
  5. "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:": I noticed sometime during the past two weeks, Windows no longer reads blank disks. Regular DVDs are read just fine, but blank ones result in the titular error message. I've replaced the SATA cable, uninstalled the drive, restarted services, etc. Driver is fine, device isn...
  6. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  7. Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\: I'm trying to copy a file to a CD-RW but cannot. When I drag the file to the disk in the D: drive, the file will not drop into the disk. The image shows the red circle with the line through it. I tried to copy and paste the file in the disk, but it does not paste. I...
  8. Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can't read the disk in drive D:\: I'm trying to copy a file to a CD-RW but cannot. When I drag the file to the disk in the D: drive, the file will not drop into the disk. The image shows the red circle with the line through it. I searched online and found that the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service may be...
  9. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...
  10. CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update: I have had windows 10 installed on my computer for quite some time and all hardware and devices were working fine. After the latest windows 10 update my DVD Drive is no longer reading CD's . Every time I put in cd in the Drive it ejects it out and a pop up states to...