Windows 10: Windows 10 can't read monitor data

Discus and support Windows 10 can't read monitor data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.228 on ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 with Intel i7-6700k and HP w2007 Monitor connected by 10' HDMI cable and it was all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rafisher1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Windows 10 can't read monitor data

Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.228 on ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 with Intel i7-6700k and HP w2007 Monitor connected by 10' HDMI cable and it was all working last week.

Three times now in the last 3 days, the computer has gone black. No task bar, no remote desktop, then did RD but black.

When I open Settings>Display there is no data in the fields, nor when I open the Intel Graphics settings.

Troubleshooter found and installed the drivers for the monitor but no change after restart. Now troubleshooter shows no problem detected.

From what we are seeing the monitor is reading the computer sometimes, but the computer is not reading the monitor setup data.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

Rafisher1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Windows not reading monitor EDID

It seems you need a monitor "driver".
    Monitor drivers aren't really drivers at all, just identification data that the OS can read and file to identify the device correctly.

Most monitor "drivers" are offered up by Windows Update. But if your monitor is too new to be included in the vast list of Windows drivers, then it may be a while before it shows.

If your monitor came with a disk (CD or DVD) you can check to see if there is a "driver" offered there.
    Otherwise, check the manufacturer's website.

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't read monitor data - Similar Threads - can't read monitor

2. Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read: System:AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 12 GB RAMWindows 10 21H2I don't know what happened, but since the last few days, whenever I connect my SD card, USB drive to my laptop, it says that device needs to be formatted before using. This problem wasn't there earlier for both the SD card and...
  3. Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read: System:AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 12 GB RAMWindows 10 21H2I don't know what happened, but since the last few days, whenever I connect my SD card, USB drive to my laptop, it says that device needs to be formatted before using. This problem wasn't there earlier for both the SD card and...
  4. Windows 10 with Bitlocker: Data recovery unable to read files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with Bitlocker: Data recovery unable to read files: I am trying to backup some data out of a bootlooping/non starting Windows 10 system. The drives are encrypted with BitLocker and unlocking with the recovery key worked. I can browse e.g. the C: drive just fine and see all folders and file names. Opening of files within the...
  5. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5 Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, ran all the latest updates, etc., but I can't get rid of this...
  6. Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.: How To Calculate Data Usages on Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ***Modified Title from: Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitoring-data-usages-in-windows-10/635baf45-0bfd-4a2d-a820-fe3188a560da
  7. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10: When I insert a data cd into the cd reader, I get the following screen. I already have a disc in the cd reader. This will show a progress bar at This PC that at fist shows it is progressing, then eventually stops progressing. At that point. I have let it sit for 20 minutes...
  8. Data monitor usage for windows 10

Data monitor usage for windows 10: Hi, there. I want a software which will monitor my each day's data usage, as I have limited data everyday. Can anyone suggest for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-monitor-usage-for-windows-10/23f8a591-51a3-4b40-a58a-291883b83892
  9. Windows 10 can't read monitor data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't read monitor data: Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.228 on ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 with Intel i7-6700k and HP w2007 Monitor connected by 10' HDMI cable and it was all working last week. Three times now in the last 3 days, the computer has gone black. No task bar, no remote desktop, then did RD...
  10. Windows not reading monitor EDID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not reading monitor EDID: Hi, I recently got a new monitor, an Eizo EV2750, which Windows only recognizes as a generic PnP monitor. I've tried connecting it thorugh DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI without any luck. The often mentioned sollution, to unlplug everything and wait 10 minutes, does not work...