Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 Cant run EXE from network drive. Getting error WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS \\PATH...

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 Cant run EXE from network drive. Getting error WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS \\PATH... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a Domain Administrator. I should have all access. MS Server 2008 R2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #Chiefs, Apr 22, 2019.

1. #Chiefs Win User

WINDOWS 10 Cant run EXE from network drive. Getting error WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS \\PATH...

I am a Domain Administrator. I should have all access. MS Server 2008 R2

:)

#Chiefs, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 22, 2019
  4. jackin Win User

WINDOWS 10 Cant run EXE from network drive. Getting error WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS \\PATH...

Able to ping network path but not able to map network drive on Windows 10

So i ran into this situation today. Computer A (Windows 7 professional) and Computer B (Windows 10) both connected to same domain.

Computer A can access network drive, but computer B cannot

This is what i tried on computer B, which has Windows 10

Verified advanced network sharing settings are enabled

Verified computer B can ping network path, but unable to map network drive

flushed DNS. Tried browsing to network drive, no good

Tried accessing network path with IPv4 address, network path, but no success

Not sure why computer B can ping the network drive but cannot map to network drive

Also verified NetBIOS is enabled.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps that i missed or what else should i check on Windows 10 about mapping network drive?

jackin, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 Cant run EXE from network drive. Getting error WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS \\PATH... - Similar Threads - Cant run EXE

2. Windows 10 cannot access specified path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cannot access specified path...: Hello everybody, Recently I have remover some malware from my PC via Malwarebytes and AVG. I also removed a user that I didn't need and deleted the folder. Now my PC doesn't let me open some apps, a lot of apps actually. First when i click them it loads for like 3 minutes and...
  3. cant run exe net framework not installed and access to path is denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant run exe net framework not installed and access to path is denied: Hi im trying to run a private .exe the exe works fine since my friends are able to use it but i can not when i run it it saysAn unknown error occured while trying to execute .NET Framework 4.6.1 or above might not be installed. and it also says "Access to the...
  4. Windows exe will run from network drive but not local disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows exe will run from network drive but not local disk: I have a .NET Windows Form application that I have developed. It is deployed to a shared directory on a computer at my client. Any computer that connects to that share can run it just fine. But it is a pretty large program and takes a long to to start up across the network no...
  5. windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043: windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043 I can ping from my client to server 2008 but not from the server 2008 to the client. client did connect once to the server but after shut down of the client, the client would not see the server upon restart. The...
  6. windows cannot access path error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot access path error: I have given full control to the folder and its contents but local exe files still bring the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-path-error/9fe8a07c-1391-4ee2-ab93-bddb2c0b02db
  7. Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...: I have 2 PCs, one running Windows 10 named A10 and one running Windows 7 called B7. I need to be able to access B7's files from A10 I don't need to be able to access A10 from B7. No, I am not going to upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know support has ended for it. If I try to...
  8. Network Error - Windows Cannot Access....

Network Error - Windows Cannot Access....: Hello, We have two Windows 10 version 1903 PC's networked together via Ethernet wiring to a broadband router. There are a couple of directories which aren't media that we used to share over the network that are no longer available. I go into File...
  9. rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file."

rundll32.exe "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.": Hi, I recently rebuilt my pc and basically swapped everything apart from the SSD. Bought a new windows 10 key as windows kept displaying different errors and it said i didn't have a valid licence. Currently getting the fault above when trying to access stuff on windows 10....
  10. Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!

Cannot connect to network drives - network path not found!: This is a really infuriating problem that I just can’t get my head around! I have 2 win10 pcs and one WDigital network drive all wired together by Ethernet via an Asus AC68u. Pc 1 can read and write to the network drive and can read and write files to pc 2 pc2 can read and...