Windows 10: Windows 10 can't run installation programs

Discus and support Windows 10 can't run installation programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I try to run a program installer or setup executable, the process stops midway. I also can't restart the computer without a hard boot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by argawilda, Sep 5, 2020.

1. argawilda Win User

Windows 10 can't run installation programs

Whenever I try to run a program installer or setup executable, the process stops midway. I also can't restart the computer without a hard boot. Everything gets stuck. I have tried running everything as administrator, but no luck. When I tried to reset the computer, the process also got stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

argawilda, Sep 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 can't run installation programs

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 can't run installation programs

1. Windows 10 can't run installation programs - Similar Threads - can't run installation

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  4. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  5. Windows Installing new programs or running installers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installing new programs or running installers: Hello all, I seem to run into the same issue of my computer not letting me install new programs or even download programs i used google chrome. Whenever I did get the program to download on my computer, after opening the installer, it would say it failed. This is not a...
  6. Can't run many programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run many programs on Windows 10: Every time I try to run several programs on Windows 10 for example 'Winamp', 'Steam', 'Origin', 'Battle.net', 'Ubisoft Game Launcher', and more they don't launch with an error message 'This app can't run on your PC', which did not happen in the past. Is there any way to fix...
  7. Can't install or run Minecraft for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install or run Minecraft for Windows 10: On the Microsoft Store's page for Minecraft for Windows 10, it shows "This product is installed." However, I do not have Minecraft installed on this PC. There's no option to install. On the Windows Store page, there's a blue "Play" button. This launches a blank, white...
  8. installing and running 32 bit programs on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing and running 32 bit programs on windows 10: Can I install and run 32 bit programs with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-and-running-32-bit-programs-on-windows/48e8c563-aeb3-45c1-bc78-ff9000cdf912
  9. Can't run a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run a program: I'm tired of Windows 10. I wish you'd quit updating. Now I can't run Sculptris I downloaded the 3d modeling app, and it won't run. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't run. I can't find a decent free 3d building software that's compatible to Windows 10....
  10. Several programs not installing/running on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several programs not installing/running on windows 10: Hello all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro back in January from windows 7 ultimate. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that several programs that I try to install are having issues. Below I have listed the programs that I have tried, along with the problems that I am...