Windows 10: Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

Discus and support Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have mov files I want to make photos from. Microsoft Photos app is working for other functions, but when I choose "save photos" the app gets stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Heather1969, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

I have mov files I want to make photos from. Microsoft Photos app is working for other functions, but when I choose "save photos" the app gets stuck on "loading" and never gets past that. I did app and system updates and all are current. Hoping I can find help here.

:)

Heather1969, Jul 9, 2018

2. Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Geethu B.

I tried to repair in the uninstall/change page..... But Windows 10 is not listing MOVIE MAKER anywhere on the uninstall/Change page.... so I can't get to your next step of repair..............

Guess I will try the Clean Boot suggested below........which sounds scarry.

Stan

stan ruble, Jul 9, 2018
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Hi Stan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between other opened programs.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Try closing all other programs when saving the movie in Windows Movie Maker. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Update and latest device drivers from the manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-file-types-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files

1. Windows 10 - can't save photos from movie files - Similar Threads - can't save photos

2. Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -: I am sat here tearing my hari out. I once was able to open any video in the photos app and it had a feature to save a frame as a photo. It also had the ability to flick through every single frame... Now photos seems to open a new video editor that does not have this function...
  3. Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos-Windows 10 Saving a photo from a video -: I am sat here tearing my hari out. I once was able to open any video in the photos app and it had a feature to save a frame as a photo. It also had the ability to flick through every single frame... Now photos seems to open a new video editor that does not have this function...
  4. In Photos, can't save photo from video

In Photos, can't save photo from video: I want to save a frame from an avi video in Photos. Every time I try I get a message to try again, and to check with Microsoft Support if that doesn't work. Error message 0x80070057 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
  5. Can't save photo or image file with Paint.

Can't save photo or image file with Paint.: Good day. I recently added new jpg image files on my computer. I edited afterwards, when I try to save it, it gives me this Error: "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". What can be the cause of this? Kind regards...
  6. photos - can't add text to a movie

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photos - can't add text to a movie: Hi, I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I still cannot add a title card with words or captions to any photo. I've run a recent update, so the version is...
  7. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10: When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10. But, when I save the same photo to the Pictures file/program, a duplicate copy is made in the Photos app. Is there a way to stop a duplicate copy from being made ? I...
  8. Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app: I tried the fixes from a March 2018 post, reset the movie/tv app, reset the photo app, made sure all my microsoft apps are updated and am running version 1803 of windows 10. When I try to save a photo from the movie/tv app, I get an error 'something went wrong' Is there a...
  9. Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos

Saving movies in MP4 in MS Photos: On windows 10; I have an .MOV file that I open in Photos. I don't need to edit it at all I simply want to save it as an MP4 file. How do I do that?...
  10. Movie Maker from photos

Movie Maker from photos: I can't upload 2 songs for a picture presentation !!! When I enter the second song it always deletes the first. How can you have a longer photo show with music ? When I upload the second song it shows both songs, but when I click done it only saves one of the songs....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uklog

2. can i save a still photo from a .mov file with win 10 photo veiwer

3. windows 10 cant save pictures