Windows 10: Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server

Discus and support Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a new machine to replace an old machine on the network. I cannot map to or browse to the network drive on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken Hall (ken), Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server

I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a new machine to replace an old machine on the network.

I cannot map to or browse to the network drive on the new machine. This is using the same ethernet connection as the old machine (which was Windows 7)

I can ping the server without an issue.

Server is running SBS 2008.

I have disabled password connection in several places thinking that was the issue.

Any help gratefully received...

:)

Ken Hall (ken), Dec 17, 2018

2. Window 10 Compatibility with Window Server 2008 SBS

Dear All,

We are using Window Server 2008 SBS For our organisation. Recently we upgraded our computers to Window 10 and are having some issues like automatic updates are not happening on individual computers.

My Question here

1. Is Window 10 Supported on Window Server 2008 SBS.

2. Secondly why our computer cannot do automatic updates it give an error

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I've already tried trouble shoot and we use Norton antivirus and I`ve tried updating it after disabling the firewall and antivirus but didn`t avail any positive result.

AhmadKhawar, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Connect Windows 10 Pro to SBS 2008

I am able to use Edge to run the \\connect program however when I respond with set up the system for myself the response is "Operating System Requirements This computer does not meet the maximum operating system requirements for running client setup" I have
    restarted the computer, tried running the launcher from a flash drive, performed all updates on the server and workstation, ran nslookup and found proper dns server, can ping server by name and ip address. What else should I do? Help. I have 15 other workstations
    connected using Windows 7 Pro with no problems. I just purchased 2 new Dell Windows 10 64 bit computers and cannot connect to the SBS 2008 server.

janvanderpool, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server

Connect Windows 10 Pro to SBS 2008

I just learned a little trick. In order to connect Windows 10 Pro to SBS 2008 SP2:

1. Type Network in Search option

2. View Network Connections

3. Select the active network card, right click and select properties

4. Locate and unselect IPV6

5. Apply

6. Open a command prompt and type "ping connect"

7. You should get a response from your active SBS 2008 Server address

8. Open Edge and type "http://connect"

9. It will say that you are not able to connect. However, it allowed me to run the file from the bottom of the page.

10. Follow the instructions and restart the machine

PeterBraunston, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server

1. Windows 10 can't see network drive on SBS 2008 server - Similar Threads - can't network drive

2. Widows Server 2008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Server 2008: I am trying to revive a HP home server with Sever 2008 rs installed. I have it up and running as I wish however am having issues setting up file sharing. When I go into the add roles wizard to select server roles I do not see "file sharing" option there are only two options...
  3. Widows Server 2008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows Server 2008: I am trying to revive a HP home server with Sever 2008 rs installed. I have it up and running as I wish however am having issues setting up file sharing. When I go into the add roles wizard to select server roles I do not see "file sharing" option there are only two options...
  4. Windows activation server 2008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation server 2008: Unable to generate Windows Activation Product Key, through Installation ID, it is saying that Installation ID is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-server-2008/77a56e37-cc7d-4ebd-a0ff-467cefcc8a67
  5. Windows activation server 2008

Windows activation server 2008: Unable to generate Windows Activation Product Key, through Installation ID, it is saying that Installation ID is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-server-2008/77a56e37-cc7d-4ebd-a0ff-467cefcc8a67
  6. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  7. Can't see my network drive on network

Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  8. Windows Server 2008 to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2008 to Windows 10 Pro: From a newbie in the IT world. Can I upgrade Windows Server 2008 to Windows 10 Pro? Seems like a simple question but I never see an answer. Maybe I'm just the last to know. Thanks, Jim...
  9. Server 2008 and Windows 10 connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server 2008 and Windows 10 connection: Hello- I've been trying to solve an issue that started on 11/4, Windows 10 V2004 PC stopped connecting to a Server 2008 running on a VM on a Hyper-V server 2019 host mapped drive and folders. It would connect, then disconnect a minute later. When connected, we can...
  10. Server 2008 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Server 2008 to Windows 10: Our office has a PC running Server 2008. It's no longer required as a server. Can Windows 10 be installed on it, using the Server 2008 licence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-2008-to-windows-10/3f60bf4e-9f74-4e10-8258-e1504297604a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edinburgh sbs connect to network drive

2. windows 10 sbs 2011 connected to domain but does not see shared drives

3. windows 10 cant see sbs2008 server on domain

4. win 10 cant see sbs 2011,
  5. cant see server windows 10,
  6. windows 10 cannot see sbs2011 server,
  7. sbs 2008 cant see server in my network