Windows 10: Windows 10 can't see network printer

Discus and support Windows 10 can't see network printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a USB connected printer (HP F4100) on my Windows 10 desktop. Everything appear to be working as I have no issue accessing the printer remotely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WWhite, Feb 6, 2016.

1. WWhite Win User

Windows 10 can't see network printer

I have a USB connected printer (HP F4100) on my Windows 10 desktop. Everything appear to be working as I have no issue accessing the printer remotely on my Windows 7 laptop. The issue is trying to access from my Windows 10 laptop. I can see the shared workgroup in explorer, but no sign of the shared printer.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I've gone through the basics such as disabling Windows Firewall, but no luck. Everything looks fine in the advanced sharing settings and as mentioned, things are fine from my Windows 7 machine.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.

My impression of Windows 10 is not great so far. This along with my machine rebooting due to a security patch even though I had "Notify to schedule restart" selected. The whole mandatory security updates kind of irks me. I kind of get it, but as a power user, I should have the choice. Especially with the amount of sketchy patches that MS has released over the years.

:)

WWhite, Feb 6, 2016
  2. kfh777 Win User

How turn on wireless printer for one network computer?

Wireless Epson printer was installed on a network using one Windows 10 computer. Other computers on network can see and use the printer. One network computer (also Windows 10) shows a greyed out image of the printer in device manager. Can't print. Troubleshooter
    says to turn the printer on. how?

kfh777, Feb 6, 2016
  3. JoyceSVV Win User
    Unable to access HP LaserJet 4L printer on Windows 10 under connected network

I have a computer that has Windows XP that I am using because I have a wired HP LaserJet 4L printer attached to it. This computer is on the same network as my Laptop that is running Windows 10.

Before I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 I was able to access the HP LaserJet 4L printer from the Laptop. After I installed Windows 10 I can't print. When I try to troubleshoot the printer problem, it says there is a network problem. When I run the Network
    Troubleshooter it doesn't see the computer or the printer.

Does anyone know how I can get my Laptop to see the printer?

Original title: Can't access Computer using Windows xp

JoyceSVV, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Windows 10 can't see network printer

Is your printer capable of being Wi-Fi instead of cable.
    Also you could then get WI-FI card for your desktop
    I have an HP Printer and being WI-FI anyone in our house can connect and use it

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  5. WWhite Win User
    No, my printer doesn't have WiFi and that is not an acceptable workaround. I'm seeing a lot of threads on this forum about issues with File and Printer sharing. I'm hoping I can find a solution to share my printer in a mixed Win7/Win10 network.

I was leaning towards the issue being with File and Printer sharing, not my printer model, since I have no issue printing from the Win10 PC that it is connected to, nor the Win7 laptop.

What about Homegroups? I've never used them. Do they work in a mixed environment? I'm running out of ideas and thinking of trying Homegroups next.

WWhite, Feb 7, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    You call it a shared printer so can we assume you went into control panel/Devices and Printers, rt clicked the printer, selected Properties/Shared and ticked the share option? This works here and you get to see the printer in the shared resources of the host computer.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't see network printer

1. Windows 10 can't see network printer - Similar Threads - can't network printer

2. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: sorry if this is posted in the same spot as before- I think I posted this in the wrong area- in the W8.1 area, not the W11 area- if it's in the same area hopefully someone will helpI'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem...
  3. new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new PC, W11, can't see non network printers on other PC's on network: I'm a fairly advanced user- though haven't done much tinkering in the past few years so I seem to be losing it! OK, just got a new Dell Inspiron. I also have an old Dell XPS with W8.1 which is still my "main" computer. The XPS has a HP Laserjet 1320 attached via USB so it's...
  4. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 can't connect printer to network: windows 10 can't connect printer to network or print from hp 2722 deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-connect-printer-to-network/21438f1a-b468-438a-9b0c-f2af2f1a93fc
  5. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 can't connect printer to network: windows 10 can't connect printer to network or print from hp 2722 deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-connect-printer-to-network/21438f1a-b468-438a-9b0c-f2af2f1a93fc
  6. windows 10 can't connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  8. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  9. Network doesn't see printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network doesn't see printer: Windows 7 computer doesn't recognize printer on Windows 10 computer, ethernet network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-doesnt-see-printer/205cba90-60dd-4d43-bee8-403159218d8c
  10. Windows 10 Lite Version, sees but can't connect to Network Printer

Windows 10 Lite Version, sees but can't connect to Network Printer: Are there any features or services that I need to turn on for it to work? When I go to network, it shows the printer icon, but when I right click on "connect" it doesn't do anything. (It's an older PC, so the lite version works very well with it, it's quick and all, I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant see network printer

2. cant see printer on network

3. cant see network printer

4. windows 10 cant see printer on network,
  5. windows 10 cant see network printers,
  6. cant see network printer windows 10,
  7. cant see shared printer windows 10,
  8. windows 10 cant see shared printer,
  9. printer cant be seen on network,
  10. cant see the network printer,
  11. cant see printer,