Windows 10: Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...

Discus and support Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant see or detect a bluetooth device on my windows 10 laptop. I have no problem seeing other bluetooth devices and connecting to them on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JGreaney, Dec 24, 2018.

1. JGreaney Win User

Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...

I cant see or detect a bluetooth device on my windows 10 laptop. I have no problem seeing other bluetooth devices and connecting to them on my laptop.

I can connect to this bluetooth device via my phone and ipod touch so there is no problem seeing the device on those things.

:)

JGreaney, Dec 24, 2018

2. IPod won't show up under 'My Devices'/This PC

Hi Hailey,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting the IPod to your computer. Do not worry, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Let us know the make and model of your computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps to figure out what causing the issue:

• I suggest you to connect the different devices to your computer from USB port and check if it is detected. This will let us know if the issue is with IPod device.
    • Try to connect the device to different ports of the computer to detect if the issue is with the port.
    • Try using different USB cable, connect the device and check if it is detected. This will let us know if the issue is with USB cable.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates via Windows Updates as it may provide the latest drivers for USB ports on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2018
  3. pheles22 Win User
    Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...

1. Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this... - Similar Threads - can't detect bluetooth

2. Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device: I was trying to connect my earphones to my PC via Bluetooth but wasn't able to . It kept saying "couldn't connect ". But the earphones can connect to other devices . I tried restarting the PC but it wasn't much help. The troblubleshoot says that they have fixed the problem...
  3. Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device: I was trying to connect my earphones to my PC via Bluetooth but wasn't able to . It kept saying "couldn't connect ". But the earphones can connect to other devices . I tried restarting the PC but it wasn't much help. The troblubleshoot says that they have fixed the problem...
  4. Bluetooth can detect devices but can't connect to them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth can detect devices but can't connect to them: Hello,I'm using an MSI laptop GS60 2QE and I couldn't connect to any bluetooth device like my earphones or xbox controller, the troubleshooter doesn't detect any problems, i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers countless times, activated the bluetooth service, basically every...
  5. Bluetooth can detect devices but can't connect to them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth can detect devices but can't connect to them: Hello,I'm using an MSI laptop GS60 2QE and I couldn't connect to any bluetooth device like my earphones or xbox controller, the troubleshooter doesn't detect any problems, i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers countless times, activated the bluetooth service, basically every...
  6. Bluetooth can detect devices but can't connect to them

7. Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone)

Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone): [img] Hi All, The attached screenshot says it all. I have a Huawei Mate 10 android phone bluetooth connected to my Windows 10 machine. The "Your Phone" app has connected to the phone but claims that my PC has no bluetooth. I have dragged my bluetooth devices window...
  8. Can't connect iPod to computer

Can't connect iPod to computer: I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod into the port on my computer and I got this error message "This I-pod cannot be used because it is not supported on this...
  9. can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10

can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10: I can not connect an ipod mp3 player and update drivers in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-ipod-mp3-player-in-windows-10/e25e5175-1fcd-45ae-ba52-9ae1aa31fc4e
  10. Can't connect Phone to Windows 10 Bluetooth

Can't connect Phone to Windows 10 Bluetooth: So I have a Lenovo Z480 and just installed Windows 10 on it. I used to have Win7 earlier and i'm still using the same drivers. I tried Connecting my Samsung Galaxy S4 to it via Bluetooth and It woudnt even detect it. It detects other laptops around it though. My phone also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant see bluetooth device

2. cant see my bluetooth device in windows

3. cant see bluetooth device

4. cant see my phone on pc bluetooth,
  5. windows 10 cant detect bluetooth devices