Windows 10: Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 Can't Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my HP Pavilion 15-n017TU laptop install windows 10 pro Now i facing this issue: Click on shut down from the start > power > shutdown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vimarsha Jayawickrama, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

Recently my HP Pavilion 15-n017TU laptop install windows 10 pro Now i facing this issue:

Click on shut down from the start > power > shutdown. loading shutdown then screen goes black but i can see the keyboard and power light is still there. It won't shutdown unless i long press the power button to force shut down. (This problem won't appear if just power on laptop into windows and straight away shutdown or restart and shutdown)

:)

Vimarsha Jayawickrama, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

1. Windows 10 Can't Shutdown - Similar Threads - Can't Shutdown

2. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  3. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  4. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  6. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  7. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  8. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  9. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

10. Windows 10 Can't Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Can't Shutdown: Please my windows 10 laptop can't shutdown, but when the "Turn On Fast Startup recommended" menu is unchecked the laptop shuts down normally It happened randomly on a laptop at my company. Please provide a solution to the problem can use GPO because all client computers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant shutdown

2. window 10 cant shutdown

3. cant shutdown windows