Windows 10: Windows 10 can't sleep because of winlogui.exe

Discus and support Windows 10 can't sleep because of winlogui.exe in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my windows hasn't been able to go to sleep, it just turns the screen off without actually going to sleep. I used the powercfg /requests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by andaeos, Dec 2, 2018.

1. andaeos Win User

Windows 10 can't sleep because of winlogui.exe

Recently my windows hasn't been able to go to sleep, it just turns the screen off without actually going to sleep. I used the powercfg /requests command in cmd to see what was preventing it to sleep and it says winlogui.exe is. How should I go from here?

Here is the command line results:

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /requests

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\winlogui.exe

AWAYMODE:
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\winlogui.exe

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

:)

andaeos, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 can't sleep because of winlogui.exe - Similar Threads - can't sleep winlogui

2. I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.: Hi everyone I'm having a problem while trying to install the windows 10 setup. I have read a few questions/discussions in this website about this problem but I still have no idea how do I get rid of the app,and I also know that there are some programs that may use VirtualBox...
  3. problems getting an exe to run because of windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems getting an exe to run because of windows defender: im trying to get an exe to run but windows defender keeps saying its an unwanted app. i normally just click allow and it works but for some reason but this option is not coming up now. any ideas? 179774
  4. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  5. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...
  6. Can't open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .exe files: I have Windows 10 home and can't open some files. The application exe does not appear but it appears in the task manager in back ground proccesses and it really annoys me because it can't play some games and run some software hopefully someone can help me...
  7. Can't open File .exe

Can't open File .exe: I can't open the Alienwarecommandcenter.exe and Alienware OC.exe. When I try to open the file, the administrators appear, I click ok but then the install file becomes white i've tried to run sfc scan but it told me that my computer don't have any problems. everything is Ok....
  8. Windows can't find .exe

Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...
  9. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  10. Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't update display drivers because of Windows 10: So I just finished installing windows 10 and I'm having this issue where my display driver isn't being recognized and instead its now showing "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Is there any way to bring back the old driver to its original resolution? I have a Dell Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winlogui.exe preventing sleep

2. winlogui

3. \Windows\System32\winlogui.exe

4. winlogui exe system 32