Windows 10: Windows 10 cant switch users from start button

Discus and support Windows 10 cant switch users from start button in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I am have a bit of a problem switching users in window 10. I cannot switch users from the start button. I click on my pic and nothing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PosingOwl, Oct 10, 2019.

1. PosingOwl Win User

Windows 10 cant switch users from start button

Hey everyone,

I am have a bit of a problem switching users in window 10. I cannot switch users from the start button. I click on my pic and nothing pops up. Sometimes my name (Admin) will, but that is about it.

Booted into safe mode and everything worked perfectly. This started on Tuesday morning when I received a bad disk image error for one drive.

Can anyone please help out with this problem?

:)

PosingOwl, Oct 10, 2019

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 start button doesn't work.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us again for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Switching User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Follow the steps to switch user account without logging out or restart.

• On Left bottom corner, Click on Start button
    • From the Menu screen, go to the TOP. [This should have the name of the user current logged in].
    • Right click on Current User... Or change to other user.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 cant switch users from start button - Similar Threads - cant switch users

2. Logoff, switch user in start windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logoff, switch user in start windows: I want to add Log off and Switch user to my Start window. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-switch-user-in-start-windows/10b3a358-f9fe-4cdd-96ef-3d62f474d5a4
  3. Logoff, switch user in start windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logoff, switch user in start windows: I want to add Log off and Switch user to my Start window. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logoff-switch-user-in-start-windows/10b3a358-f9fe-4cdd-96ef-3d62f474d5a4
  4. Windows 11 has no switch user button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has no switch user button: HiI have set up two accounts on new Windows 11, but the Switch user button is not there. How can I fix this.. Lock and sign out are the only buttons. Any help much appreciated....
  5. Windows 11 has no switch user button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has no switch user button: HiI have set up two accounts on new Windows 11, but the Switch user button is not there. How can I fix this.. Lock and sign out are the only buttons. Any help much appreciated....
  6. cant switch user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant switch user: I cannot switch user when I press the window symbol yjen user icon it only gives 3 options amd none of them are switching user. I have two admins set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/08b0e434-3ebf-480a-bea8-6220f7eaa23f
  7. cant use start button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant use start button: cant use start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-start-button/8be693c6-5926-46ed-8352-bc1546d7d7a6
  8. Remove the switch user button on win 10 home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove the switch user button on win 10 home: So you have a shared laptop. You and a few other people are admins on it. You're doing stuff and you need to use the toilet. You put the screen down and go to use the toilet. You come back, open up your laptop and you notice that instead of listing the users in the bottom...
  9. Switch User entry missing from Start Menu

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch User entry missing from Start Menu: This may sound like a repeat of a previous post but I'm pretty certain it isn't. I have Fast User Switching enabled per instructions in Enable or Disable Fast User Switching in Windows 10 I am able to switch user with the Ctl-Alt-Del menu item and from the Win-L lock screen....
  10. switch user button missing windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switch user button missing windows 10: switch user button missing windows 10 how do I fix this? windows key + L and ctrl alt delete do not fix this I have to log out before logging in to another account please fix....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch user not showing

2. switch user missing windows 10

3. switch user option missing