Windows 10: Windows 10 - Can't type password

Discus and support Windows 10 - Can't type password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So when I left, my computer stayed on and I wanted to lock it, I went to my Microsoft account and locked it remotely. Once I got back to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Magyar Mátyás, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Can't type password

So when I left, my computer stayed on and I wanted to lock it, I went to my Microsoft account and locked it remotely. Once I got back to my computer and I tried to login, suddenly the login screen disappeared and now I am unable to access it. I tried everything: restarted it, ctrl + alt + delete, Startup Repair. I tried to boot it in safe mode, but as I have a USB WiFi card, I am unable to login (I don't have network). I am confused and don't know what to do. Does anyone has any idea?

:)

Magyar Mátyás, Nov 2, 2019

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Can't type password

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Can't type password

1. Windows 10 - Can't type password - Similar Threads - Can't type password

2. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  3. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  4. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login: So today I had to change my cpu cooler because the AIO pump decided to die. I've changed my cooler and when I booted the pc up, lt said something happened and my PIN can't be used anymore and had to create it again. I clicked where it says create my pin, directs me to...
  6. Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login: So today I had to change my cpu cooler because the AIO pump decided to die. I've changed my cooler and when I booted the pc up, lt said something happened and my PIN can't be used anymore and had to create it again. I clicked where it says create my pin, directs me to...
  7. Can't type password on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't type password on lock screen: I connected my laptop to the microsoft account. After that I restarted the laptop. In the lock screen windows asked to sign in to microsoft account. But can't type password. I'm using windows 10...
  8. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  9. Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password: New PC. Windows security keeps asking to "fix" my account. Window security screen pops up and asks for password but, won't accept input into the password field. I've tried doing it from both physical and virtual keyboard. Keyboard input to the security screen works...
  10. Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't...: After re-boot: Can't type in Windows 10 password. Nothing happens when I type in password. it doesn't recognize the key strokes. My solution to this problem, was to find out that a key on my keyboard was being inadvertently depressed by a small object. In my case, it...