Windows 10: Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows"

Discus and support Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows" in Cortana to solve the problem; When I click Cortana It is always showing that ,we are adding a feature to windows, continuously I cannot able to use Cortana. * Original title:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CharanSainath, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows"

When I click Cortana

It is always showing that ,we are adding a feature to windows, continuously

I cannot able to use Cortana.

* Original title: Windows 10 , Cortana

:)

CharanSainath, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows"

Delta6326, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows"

1. Windows 10 , can't use Cortana. Always shows "we are adding a feature to Windows" - Similar Threads - can't Cortana Always

2. I Added the Only Useful Feature From Windows 11 back into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Added the Only Useful Feature From Windows 11 back into Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OutrageousMinute1247 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13cz0bq/i_added_the_only_useful_feature_from_windows_11/
  3. Windows 10 New Cortana Feature - Find and Open Files Using Voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 New Cortana Feature - Find and Open Files Using Voice: Hi Windows Version Windows 10 Pro I have just read an PC MAG article call Latest Windows 10 Preview Allows Cortana to Find and Open Files. It says you need to have version Version: 2.2011.26701.0 for this feature which I have installed. when I try the command 'Hey Cortana,...
  4. Unable to use notebook feature in cortana

in Cortana
    Unable to use notebook feature in cortana: Cortana says that my account needs an upadate to be able to use the notebook feature. What exactly do I have to do with my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-notebook-feature-in-cortana/f4e4e762-08c4-4d48-aeca-ac684a1d1280
  5. Can't use Windows "Night Light" feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use Windows "Night Light" feature.: Just updated Windows the other day. Update was recent -- maybe 2-4 days old. I'm not longer able to use the Night Light feature in the Action Center or under my display properties. Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve editing my registry?...
  6. "Always on top" Windows 10 Feature

"Always on top" Windows 10 Feature: Does Windows 10 support an "Always on Top" feature / hot key, or is there a third-party program you can recommend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top-windows-10-feature/a5a3753e-8131-4bfa-ac6b-31a8a3343f0b
  7. I am going mad We are adding some new features to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am going mad We are adding some new features to Windows: I constantly receive this message: We are adding some new features to windows. It will only take a few minutes. After a brief moment, I receive a new message: Something happened and we could not install a feature. It never stops....
  8. We are adding some new features to windows - Something happened and we couldn't install a...

We are adding some new features to windows - Something happened and we couldn't install a...: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC x64 1809 [ATTACH] Once in 15 - 60 minutes (always different) I have a notification about installing some new weatures to windows ("We are adding some new features to windows"). In five minutes after this I have a new notification about windows...
  9. Notification: "We need your help to finish adding a feature"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification: "We need your help to finish adding a feature": I keep getting this notification: "We need your help to finish adding a feature." When I click it, it opens the "Manage optional features" settings page with a list of 8 features under the "Add a feature" button. The listed features are mostly English(GB) things, but...
  10. Windows 10 'We are adding a new feature' problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 'We are adding a new feature' problem: Since installing Windows 10, my laptop regularly pops up with a message saying 'we are adding a new feature/features,this may take a while' then two or three seconds later, it pops up a message saying 'something happened,click here for further information' and when you click,...