Windows 10: Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5))

Discus and support Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5)) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have searched for this issue for few days but could not found any good answer. In my network I have some PC's witch I shutdown remotely. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paltinis, Nov 26, 2019.

1. paltinis Win User

Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5))

Hi I have searched for this issue for few days but could not found any good answer.

In my network I have some PC's witch I shutdown remotely. This works for a long time on win 7 but recently I bought a new PC and it has windows 10. Same commands same Network sharing options, but different results.

This is the command I use: shutdown.exe /s /m \\PC2 /t 00 and it works from win 7.

The only difference I found in configs was the homegroup, and recently I saw that Microsoft removed homegroup from win 10. In win 7 I had an option saying "allow windows to manage homegroup connections (recommended)". In 10 this is gone...

Could this be the problem? Anyone can help me with a fix?

:)

paltinis, Nov 26, 2019

2. Remote Shutdown Error Code 5: Access is Denied

Hello Community,

I have a pc at my home that i would like to be able to shutdown remotely. After searching a little bit i foundout that using the console i could shut it down with the command 'shutdown -i' and typing in the computer name i gotten from 'net view'. I had some
    issues with net view and turned of my firewall and now it works again. just the thing that i dont like is when i try to execute the shutdown command, filled in the required text the command window says error code 5 access denied. Can anyone help me with this
    issue and explain me why this happens.

Thanks,

Luc

Luc van Kampen, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Remote Shutdown started giving Access is denied.(5)

So for work I have 17 computers all running Windows 10 Pro that need to be shutdown every night. I wrote a batch file a few months ago that would do this remotely. Everything worked until about a month ago when a bunch of the computers gave back 'Access
    is denied.(5). All of the computers are setup the same and I have not changed any settings on any of them but some shutdown and others don't. I am wondering if a recent Windows 10 update might have caused a problem. I have tried all the solutions that I
    could find online and non of them work. And they all have the same account name and password and all have administrative privilege. I get the same results if I type the commands individually directly into the Command Line.

The batch file is:

shutdown /m \\central-comp /s

shutdown /m \\connector-1 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-2 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-3 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-4 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-5 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-6 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-7 /s

shutdown /m \\connector-8 /s

shutdown /m \\server-1 /s

shutdown /m \\server-2 /s

shutdown /m \\server-3 /s

shutdown /m \\server-4 /s

shutdown /m \\server-5 /s

shutdown /m \\server-6 /s

shutdown /m \\server-7 /s

shutdown /m \\server-8 /s

And the ones that give Access is denied.(5) are

connector-2

connector-4

connector-5

connector-6

connector-7

server-3

server-4

server-6

server-7

All the others shutdown correctly.

Any help would be appreciated, this has been driving me crazy.

JoeMahoney1, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5))

Shutdown -i says access denied.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "shutdown -I", how exactly have you shutdown the computer? Have you tried to shutdown the computer by typing command "shutdown -I" in the command prompt?
    • Have you tried to shutdown using power button in the Start Menu?

I suggest you to try to shutdown the computer by following below steps and check if the same issue occurs or not.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Power button and then click on Shut down.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5))

1. Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5)) - Similar Threads - cant shutdown command

2. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  3. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  4. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  5. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. I am getting an Acces denied 5 error in remote shutdown command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am getting an Acces denied 5 error in remote shutdown command: when i was trying to shutdown a networked computer this error had occured . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-an-acces-denied-5-error-in-remote/fbcc5d75-6135-4443-a309-a2f3aeb2da14
  7. Access denied in Command Prompt

Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  8. error 5 access is denied

error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  9. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  10. Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10

Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10: Hi, I've tried the way mentionned in the above article but still get to the UAC box and there's no YES box. Tried right clicking the CMD prompt "Run As Administrater" but once again goes to the UAC box with no way to say YES. Has anyone come up with a solution to deal with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PERMISSION DENIED TRYING TO REMOTE SHUTDOWN r a windows 10 computer on our network

2. windows 10 remote shudown r permission denied (05)

3. windows 10 acces denied(5) error shutdown command