Windows 10: Windows 10 causes OpenOffice crash 'Bad Allocation'

Discus and support Windows 10 causes OpenOffice crash 'Bad Allocation' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OpenOffice freeware spreadsheet and word processor, running on new Jan 21, 2020 computer, new Windows 10, up to date, frequently crashes with a "Bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Artistgut, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Artistgut Win User

Windows 10 causes OpenOffice crash 'Bad Allocation'

OpenOffice freeware spreadsheet and word processor, running on new Jan 21, 2020 computer, new Windows 10, up to date, frequently crashes with a "Bad Allocation" error. Don't have problem on my old computer running WindowsXP.

What is the solution?

:)

Artistgut, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Polarman Win User

New: OpenOffice 3.2

Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Polarman, Jan 27, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 27, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

AMD HD 6000 series caused BSOD when installing driver, Windows 10

If the driver crashes in 7 as well the gpu is bad if it works fine the driver is bad. Basic troubleshooting step.

cdawall, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 causes OpenOffice crash 'Bad Allocation' - Similar Threads - causes OpenOffice crash

2. OpenOffice Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenOffice Installation: Hello Everyone Can someone out there tell me what I'm doing wrong? Iv'e just downloaded and installed Open Office 4.1.11 on my desktop computer, operating on Windows 10, but for some reason the shortcut icon on the desktop is not correct. Can someone tell me how I can change...
  3. Bad driver causing BSOD

Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  4. Bad block causing crashes, but isn't detected by chkdsk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad block causing crashes, but isn't detected by chkdsk: My computer keeps crashing, and when I looked into it, every time a crash occurs, an administrative event will appear, with source "disk" and description as "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." I pressume this is the cause of the crashes. When I went to try...
  5. OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default

OneDrive Win 10 OpenOffice files default: One Drive Default OpenOffice files. I want OneDrive files to default to OpenOffice files in Files Explorer and OneDrive Backup. I have no interest in using online Microsoft Office applications nor OpenOffice applications. Please include instructions. As an alternative,...
  6. Windows 10 update caused bad motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update caused bad motherboard: Has anyone's pc motherboard gone bad after the windows 10 update? My laptop which is windows 8 forced an update to windows 10 causing a black screen. After my consultation with the geek squad at best buy, they said my motherboard is bad. My pc was working perfectly fine...
  7. Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly: Hi. My PC crashs randomly between 20 minutes to 2 hours after start-up and nothing seems to respond. It's almost seven month since this problem occurred. I have tried everything include clean windows restore, but nothing changes. I've tried "verifier" and the widows doesn't...
  8. OpenOffice Security message

OpenOffice Security message: Received this E-Mail today: -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 CVE-2016-6804 <CVE - CVE-2016-6804> Apache OpenOffice Advisory <https://www.openoffice.org/security/...2016-6804.html> Title: Windows Installer Execution of Arbitrary Code with Elevated...
  9. Default printer in OpenOffice

Default printer in OpenOffice: Hi, We're having a problem with setting a default printer in OO. Every time we select a printer; after the program is shutdown and starts up again it reverts to the XPS Writer as default. I've already unchecked the box that loads the printer settings per document, to no...
  10. Using OpenOffice

Using OpenOffice: I've been using MSWord for years. I am now using OpenOffice Writer. With the dozens of files I made with Word which have a file extension of DOC or DOCX. If I click on one of those files it will open MSWord but I want them to open OpenOffice Writer by default. How do I do...